Consultant Software Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Rotterdam
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Consultant Software Engineer
Location(s) Netherlands - Rotterdam
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 102593BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Information is at the heart of business and it is growing not only in volume, but in complexity as new media types emerge and mobile and social applications evolve. In addition, the IT infrastructure to support information management is changing just as rapidly. EMCs Information Intelligence Group provides intelligent capture, content management, case management, customer communications and governance software and services that solve even the most complex information challenges organizations face today from information compliance and governance to streamlining mission critical business processes, to the emerging world of big data, on premise or in the cloud.
Senior / Principal / Consultant Software Engineer – XML Database, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
IIG (Information Intelligence Group), a division of EMC, is the market leader in Enterprise Content Management platforms. The division is seeking an experienced database software engineer who shares our passion for developing a rock solid high performance native XML Database.
The division is making significant investments in Enterprise Archiving Solutions, leveraging the open archival information system (OAIS) standard. One of the cornerstones of this solution is xDB, a native XML Database. You will join the experienced xDB team and will become responsible for part of product. This includes architecture (re)design, coding, writing unit tests and documentation. You will work under minimal direction and exercise considerable latitude and provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex database and software engineering problems.
* Design and development new archiving related features for xDB.
* Duties include requirement review, architecture design, system design, code, unit testing, integration and documentation.
* Program and design in Java.
* Work closely with Performance Engineering to review performance test plans.
* Work with an international team in various time zones
* MS in CS or a related technical field and 4/6/8+ years of database or server software development experience or
PHD in CS or a related technical field and 2/4/6+ years of database or server software development experience
* Strong knowledge and experience with Java development
* Strong knowledge of data structures / databases / operating systems
* Strong knowledge and experience with developing complex Algorithms and Object Oriented Design
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Working knowledge of internal database architecture and algorithms
* Practical experience with profiling java code
* Practical experience with XML software development
* Practical experience with Eclipse, Perforce, Jira, Jenkins, Ant
* Practical experience with the OAIS standard
* Practical experience with Agile/Lean software development methodologies, design patterns and architectural patterns
The candidate must be willing to relocate to Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement"
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country Netherlands
Job City Rotterdam
Job Postal/Zip Code 3012
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Netherlands
View similar jobs:
Packaging Development Manager
Ben and Jerry's - Netherlands (Province level)
Product Developer Unilever R&D
Ben and Jerry's - Netherlands (Province level)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Google - United States of America
Locate this job: