EMC RSA Security Technical Support Engineer - Overland Park, KS Job Listing at EMC in Overland Park, KS
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title EMC RSA Security Technical Support Engineer - Overland Park, KS
Location(s) US - Kansas - Overland Park
Functional Area(s) Customer Service & Support
Requisition ID 102507BR
TITLE: EMC RSA SECURITY TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (RSA DATA LOSS PREVENTION PRODUCT SUITE)
Applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve highly complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received by Support Centers through voice initiated technical calls from RSA Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls and Web Support Calls. Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives. Accepts escalations from other technical team members as a subject matter expert, shaping group operations with depth of knowledge. Works closely with Engineering and other technical business units to increase knowledge and resolve customer issues. Identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex technical problems. Mentors others in providing validated technical information, support process instructions and special support requirements. Engineers provide problem determination and resolution for customer issues. Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures.Identifies,records and works with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. May need to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues. Develops broad knowledge of the organization's mission and strategy and relates it to day-to-day issues. Challenges existing processes based on industry best practices, enhances these for the benefit of all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Appliesadvanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly complex system level issues.Identifies,documents and escalates customer issues to senior resources.
· Effectivelycommunicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution.
· Contributesto centralized problem identification and resolution database may provide senior or expert level tasks similar to Engineering for assigned products or skills.
· Usesjudgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions. Identifies, documents and reports design, reliability and maintenance issues. Gains support and commitment from others and mobilizes people to take action. Understands and leveragesRSA'stechnical communication structure. Sphere of influence extends well outside of the department.
· Leadsefforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback to Field Technical Specialists, Account Managers, Sales and other EMC Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
· Monitorsand tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases.
· Validatestechnical information and issues early warnings and disseminates information as needed. As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required
· Makesa recommendation to higher level technical support engineers or management for improving processes, standards and strategies. Regularly submits content to the knowledge database
· Minimum 2 years of work experience in troubleshooting various networking protocols (such as DHCP, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN, SMTP, FTP and DNS)
· Creation of networktestbedsfor simulating performance and networking issues, analysis of packet captures fromtcpdump,tcpflowand Ethereal
· Sendmailconfiguration and administration experience
· Firewall troubleshooting experience
· Knowledgeof NTLM/LDAP (NT LAN Manager/Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) for troubleshooting Active Directory integration.
· Knowledge of email networks and POP/SMTP servers
· Strongtechnical aptitude.
· Abilityto work in a high-pressure environment.
· CustomerService skills.
·Competent Windows Operating System, strong Windows Administration skills are desired
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-Support/Administration jobs in Kansas City, MO
View similar jobs:
Risk & - RPS
J.P. Morgan - KS, Kansas
Technician Support Associate
Safelite AutoGlass - Kansas City, MO
UI Web Designer
Robert Half Technology - Kansas City, MO
Locate this job: