Evaluation Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Shanghai
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Evaluation Engineer
Location(s) China - Shanghai
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Other
Requisition ID 99376BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Global Product Operations is a 2600 person, globally diverse organization comprising of manufacturing,logistics,hardware development,and global supply chain operations. We pride ourselves on global inclusion, operational excellence, world class execution and process innovation. We provide world class business solutions and services that create a competitive advantage for our internal and external partners. Our facilities span three Manufacturing plants, three Centers of Excellence,and 11 Logistics Centers across the globe.
The GPO Organization offers a wide range of opportunities for technicians, engineers, program managers, analysts and planners, among others. GPO offers a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
Job Description Responsible for the technical management and manufacturing readiness of disk drives. Assignments include full supplier management, qualification, and steady state quality and reliability management. Responsible to define and document requirements, manage the supplier activity, develop and execute a comprehensive qualification plan that includes elements of software characterization testing, hardware characterization testing, and test tool development utilizing programming skills. Expert in technology and applications. Maintains product technology roadmaps. Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality. Establishes requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards. Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of methods to test and troubleshoot newly developed or redesigned products, systems, or equipment.
* Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
* Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope. Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
* Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
* Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives. Failure to achieve results or erroneous judgements or recommendations may require the allocation of additional resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
* Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters. May provide guidance to non-exempt personnel.
* Problem solving skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Project management skills.
* Troubleshooting skills.
* Strong Macro, C, C++, Visual Basic Programming.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
Design Engineering Manager
SolarWorld - United States of America
Systems Liaison Engineer
PDS Technical Services - null, KS
PDS Technical Services - null, IA
Locate this job: