Manager, Systems Engineering Job Listing at EMC in McLean, VA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Manager, Systems Engineering
Location(s) US - Virginia - McLean
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 100095BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
Job Description Manages all activities of the pre-sales resources. In conjunction with sales and Services management develops strategies to direct resources toward the largest and most profitable EMC opportunities. As a business partner with sales management, manages the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment of all technical resources with clear divisional services bookings and product revenue goals. Provides advice and counsel to sales management in the effective use and deployment of technical resources. Must maintain close alignment with sales, Services Delivery management, and other management functions. Effectively articulates externally and internally once EMC GTM strategy.
* Inspects account penetration strategies including account specific product and service sales plans for all accounts. Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and technical organizations to propose the most optimal EMC solution for the customer thereby allowing the sales and technical to effectively address and dispel customer objections to the proposed solution(s).
* Develops business networks across the organization and customer based in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Executes programs for the TC community Inspects technical sales plans Attract, retrain and recruit employees.
* Insures that sales and technical organizations are properly aligned to achieve objectives and TCE. Management of the technical resource plan for the District
* Inspects configuration and documentation of EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Ensures compliance of presales documentation. Internally qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Orchestrates and leads District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
* Develops IDP for direct reports Responsible for bookings.
* Manages escalations and follow through until successfully resolved. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory.
* Typically responsible for a several districts or large area. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
* Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
* Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
* Customer focused.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
* Results driven.
* Negotiation skills.
* **U.S Citizenship Required
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Afghanistan
View similar jobs:
Bed Bath & Beyond - McLean/Arlington, VA
Bed Bath & Beyond - Prince George's County, MD
Office Depot - Washington, DC
Locate this job: