Principal Disk Drive Evaluation Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Apex, NC
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Principal Disk Drive Evaluation Engineer
Location(s) US - North Carolina - Apex
Functional Area(s) Manufacturing
Requisition ID 100592BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Global Product Operations is a 2600 person, globally diverse organization comprising of manufacturing, logistics, hardware development, and global supply chain operations. We pride ourselves on global inclusion, operational excellence, world class execution and process innovation. We provide world class business solutions and services that create a competitive advantage for our internal and external partners. Our facilities span three Manufacturing plants, three Centers of Excellence, and 11 Logistics Centers across the globe.
The GPO Organization offers a wide range of opportunities for technicians, engineers, program managers, analysts and planners, among others. GPO offers a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
As a member of the Supply Base team, the Principal Evaluation Engineer is a high level individual contributor interacting with key global disk drive suppliers to provide full supplier management, qualification & steady state quality & reliability management.
An expert in the disk drive industry, the Principal Evaluation Engineer will exert significant latitude in determining the objectives of assignments and will accomplish tasks without considerable direction being given. This is an integral role within the team and the larger organization with significant responsibilities; erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in the inability to reach crucial organization objectives and may have a prolonged effect, as well as could result in the expenditure of substantial resources.
This role is responsible for the technical management and manufacturing readiness of disk drives including…
· Defining & documenting requirements
· Managing supplier activity
· Develop & execute comprehensive qualification plan to include elements of software characterization testing, hardware characterization testing & test tool development utilizing programming skills
· Establishing systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality
· Establishing requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards
Additional Responsibilities include…
· Frequent contributions to the development of new theories & methods to include the design, development & implementation of methods to test and troubleshoot newly developed or redesigned products, systems or equipment
· Represent the organization as the principal customer contact, often performing in a project leadership role
· Interact with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines
· Maintain product technology roadmaps
* Problem solving skills
* Strong computer skills
* Project management skills
* Troubleshooting skills
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's (Technical)
* Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
"> ">Ranked 7 consecutive years as one of the Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal, EMC's Apex manufacturing facility boasts 388k sqft and produces our VNX and VNXe products. Employees enjoy onsite amenities such as a fitness center, cafeteria, basketball and volleyball courts and is easily accessed via the new I-540 extension. Our culture of excellence has produced a stream of professional successes to include recognition for sustainability efforts and we are proud of our employees active involvement in community volunteer activities.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in RDU, NC
View similar jobs:
QC Quality Specialist - CLIA
Kelly Services - Chapel Hill, NC
CTG - Morrisville, NC
Belcan - Durham, NC
Locate this job: