Principal Software Engineer - Java Web Job Listing at EMC in Reston, VA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Principal Software Engineer - Java Web
Location(s) US - Virginia - Reston
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 76976BR
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security solutions for business acceleration, helping the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges.RSA'sinformation-centric approach to security guards the integrity and confidentiality of information throughout its lifecycle – no matter where it moves, who accesses it or how it is used.
RSAoffers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management, compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visitwww.RSA.comandwww.EMC.com.
RSA Security is seeking candidates for Java Web Application prototyping, design, and implementation for a NetWitness product line's engineering team. The ideal candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
Duties will include:
· Commercial software development and rapid prototyping of systems that will solve various information security requirements based on intelligence extracted from various data sources such as raw network traffic and logs
· Research and development of innovative methods for visually representing information in order to enhance the ability of a security analyst to identify and mitigate unauthorized or unlawful activity involving an organization’s digital assets
This job will afford the candidate the opportunity to contribute to a state-of-the-art software product suite leveraging bleeding-edge technology to help solve complex problems in the rapidly expanding field of information security. The small team environment is fast paced and agile, which will provide a successful candidate with an environment conducive to constant creativity and innovation.
* Experience in design, development, and testing of web applications is required. Commercial Enterprise development is a plus.
* Must be very detail oriented, thorough in interpreting requirements, and able to thrive in a team environment where there is a dependency on others to complete projects.
* Must be a highly motivated individual who demonstrates the propensity to take ownership of developing solutions to challenging problems from inception to completion. We are looking for self-starters. Must also be a team player that can collaboratively adapt to evolving requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Extremely strong written and verbal (English) communications skills required.
* Java Web Application development experience is a must. In particular, experience with FreeMarker and/or Velocity, Spring MVC, and/or Struts 2 is ideal.
* Some level of experience with RIA frameworks is a must. Experience with technologies like Sencha ExtJS and Sencha Touch is a huge plus. Experience with jQuery and jQuery UI would also be acceptable.
* Solid understanding of REST is a plus. Experience with libraries like Abdera, Restlet, JAX-WS (Jersey), Apache CXF and/or Metro is useful.
* Database ORM experience is desired. Specifically JPA (1 or 2) experience, chiefly Hibernate or Toplink, would be ideal. Experience with pure JDBC or iBATIS is a plus. Also experience with databases like MySQL, H2, or PostgreSQL would be ideal.
* IoC container support is a must. Experience with Spring is a plus.
* For scheduling, experience with Quartz (or Spring Batch) is a plus as well.
* For security, experience with Acegi, Spring Security, CAS, SAML, and LDAP is a plus.
* Familiarity with IP networking concepts is required. Any domain knowledge of the information security industry is a huge plus.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement."
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Virginia Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Junior Business Analyst Direct Labor
AT&T - VA
PERFORMANCE TEST ENGINEER
The Judge Group - VA
The Judge Group - VA
Locate this job: