Senior Big Data Analytics Software Engineer Job Listing at EMC in San Mateo, CA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior Big Data Analytics Software Engineer
Location(s) US - California - San Mateo
Functional Area(s) Administrative Services & Operations
Requisition ID 100770BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Greenplum, a division of EMC, builds the world's largest analytic data warehouses at true petabyte-scale and as well as the analytics products to process and explore the vast data to produce insights and enable business to discover things previously hidden within their data.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our growing analytics development team to ensure that we have the best and highest quality product that we can deliver.
We are looking for people with knowledge in statistics, machine learning, and test automation.
* Designing and implementing test infrastructure and test automation using Python and SQL
* Owning feature sets from Test Planning / Strategy through test execution and automation
* Performing effective root cause analysis and diagnostic experiments for bug submissions
* Collaborating effectively with Product Development, Product Management, Performance Engineering to accurately assess the risk of product changes and extensions
* Strong familiarity with the statistics and machine learning algorithms including one or more of the following techniques: SVM, Neural Nets, Probabilistic Graphical Models, NLP, logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision Trees, Optimization algorithms.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Science related field with at least 4 years experience primarily in Quality Assurance
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with a proven ability to discuss complex problems, break
* A proven passion for digging into complex products to discover underlying product defects.
* Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally them down into pieces, work out edge conditions and distill into a robust test plan., and particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics
* Experience with statistical languages and packages, including R, S-Plus, SAS, Matlab or Mahout
* Experience working with relational databases and familiarity with the SQL language.
* Experience with additional programming languages including Python and C/C++.
* A strong communicator able to work as part of a team
* Results-driven, self-motivated, self-starter
* Familiar with agile development methodologies
Greenplum is setting the pace in the Big Data Analytics space. We are growing rapidly and providing solutions to major companies in the industry.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country United States
Job State CA
Job City San Mateo
Job Postal/Zip Code 94403
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in San Francisco, CA
View similar jobs:
3707130 Sr. Software Automation Engineer
Consultant Specialists, Inc - Emeryville, CA
Windows Client Engineer
Talentburst, Inc. - San Francisco, CA
3697788 SCCM Deployment Engineer
Consultant Specialists, Inc - South San Francisco, CA
Locate this job: