Principal SW Quality Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Bangalore
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Principal SW Quality Engineer
Location(s) India - Bangalore
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 95651BR
We are seeking a seasoned Software Test Engineer to jointhe VPLEX Business Unit within the Enterprise Storage Division.VPLEX is a radical new technology eliminating the constraints of distance from the data center environment, allowing organizations to non-disruptively move thousands of virtual machines and petabytes of information over thousands of miles. As a member of the team, the Principal Software Quality Engineer will provide deep analysis of inter-connected systems and complex software to test new products and upgrades, enhancements or fixes to existing products, and develop automated test suites for qualifying high availability, multi-platform, system-level, storage-related products that involve kernel and user-level components. We are looking for hands-on, innovative and practical individuals with strong motivation and a proven track record of meeting aggressive deadlines.
Job Description GENERAL SUMMARY
Responsible for participating in the execution of procedures for ensuring the quality and serviceability of new features and releases of software. Authors and executes test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests. Responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards. Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Documents test results and manages and maintains defect and test case databases to assist in the continuous improvement and modification of software. Performs the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development. Influences design changes to improve quality and features testability. Consults with quality and development engineers in resolution of complex problems. May develop new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing testing methodologies and processes. May be responsible for management of project teams, developing or executing project plans, budgets, and schedules.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops solutions to complex problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
Offers proposed changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares information.
May be accountable for overall product and/or serve as a customer advocate, may represent organization as principal customer contact.
Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives.
Interacts cross functionally on matter that require coordination acrss organization lines.
Sphere of influence likely to extend outside of the organization.
High level of proficiency in all necessary processes, applications, and tools.
Demonstrated knowledge of project management, able to identify business impact of proposed projects and designs.
Demonstrated skill with development of new theories and methods related to testing.
Full understanding of overall business and competitive environment, including mission and strategic direction of the organization.
Ability to lead people, projects, and operations.
Fosters teamwork and collaboration across work groups and with other organizations.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid interpersonal skills, able to mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance
Ability to influence others to achieve results.
Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
Problem solving skills.
Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
· Knowledge of storage and storage related technologies including SAN and storage management, IP networks, etc.
· Strong experience with multiple common computer platforms (AIX, HP/UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, VMWare)
· Good hands-on experience in OS, File Systems (ufs/ vxfs ) Volume Managers (LVM/VxVM), Clusters (VCS, Oracle RAC).
· Exposure to Storage hardware (Symmetrix, CLARiiON), SAN Switches (Cisco, Brocade) and Business Continuity applications (TimeFinder/SRDF, MIrrorView)
· Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
· Ability to work across functions and geographies to achieve results
· Project Management knowledge/experience is desired
· Experience in creating automation test plans and scripts
· Demonstrated career commitment to test automation and quality assurance is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline is required
· 8 - 12 years of industry experience, with 5 or more years in Quality engineering and/or test automation for system level software products
· Should have strong debugging and problem solving skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Bangalore
View similar jobs:
Manager, Software Engineering
EMC - Bangalore
Risk Engineer, Analytics CoE India
American International Group - Bangalore
Senior Risk Engineer, Analytics CoE India
American International Group - Bangalore
Locate this job: