Senior HR Generalist Job Listing at EMC in Hopkinton, MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior HR Generalist
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton
Functional Area(s) Human Resources
Requisition ID 102066BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Our People are our strategic advantage and our Human Resources teams around the world partner with the business to drive engagement, development, and retention. At EMC, we are committed to transforming Human Resources so we can be true strategic partners. We have industry-leading development programs for all EMC employees, we offer innovative benefits, and we are committed to your personal growth as well. Working in HR at EMC means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each and every day.
Job Description This position is responsible for providing comprehensive HR support for staff within the Corporate Finance organization. Partnering with managers and staff from the business on a variety of human resources programs and policies, including organizational development, operations, resource optimization and employee relations. Assignments may include development, implementation, and evaluation of programs or policies, with a focus on service delivery within client lines, providing advice and recommendations. Provides input and often defines short- and long-term goals and objectives for human resource service delivery within the client lines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively engaged in the functional strategic decisions involving the efficient use of human resources. Participates in appropriate business meetings and contributes to the strategic and tactical planning process within the organization.
· Expected to interpret policy and provide coaching/direction and counsel to managers and employees using creative and practical solutions to proactively anticipate, prevent and resolve HR issues, including but not limited to performance issues and staffing needs.
· Working cross-functionally with other HR Business Partners, contributes to the support and implementation of corporate-wide programs, policies, procedures, systems and initiatives, i.e., ACR, EPAS, Goals etc.
· Provides program management and guidance in areas including employee performance, development and succession planning, and stock option planning.
· Provide managers with feedback from their employees and advise on best course of action to deal with problems.
· Develops resolutions to complex problems that; uses judgment within broadly defined policies and practices.
· Bachelor’s degree with 4-6 years experience.
· Ability to work with considerable independence, often defining objectives of assignments.
· Solid project management skills.
· Excellent judgment and conflict management skills, comprehensive tact and discretion.
· Ability to influence across many levels.
· Comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising senior management on appropriate course of action.
· Detail-oriented with superb follow-through.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong analytical ability.
· Understanding of business environment.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement."
"> ">As part of our headquarters campuses, both our Hopkinton and Franklin facilities offer incredible amenities for our employees. From a complete fitness center with indoor pool to an espresso bistro, you'll be impressed with the many ways we make working at EMC easy for you. We offer dry cleaning services, on-site massage, ATM. You'll always find a host of ways to engage and interact with your co-workers. And each of our campus locations is connected by a fleet of hybrid EMC Shuttles. Hopkinton and Franklin are located just west of Boston. It's a quick commute from Boston or most locations in the fast growing MetroWest area. As a Massachusetts leading technology employer, you'll find working at our headquarters to be a highlight of your career at EMC.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Director, Lean Sustainability
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Boston, MA
Senior LMS Analyst, Practice Management - Boston, MA
Liberty Mutual Insurance - Boston, MA
Part Time HR Assistant -- Flexible Hours!
OfficeTeam - Boston, MA
Locate this job: