Senior Manager, Business Operations - CLOUD Job Listing at EMC in Seattle, WA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior Manager, Business Operations - CLOUD
Location(s) US - Washington - Seattle
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Other
Requisition ID 102468BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Global Real Estate and Facilities continues to focus on emerging markets to ensure both international and domestic growth remains in line with corporate strategies. This role will assist with several initiatives including but not limited to improving efficiency of space utilization, implementing alternative work programs for employees, and continuing Global Real Estate and Facilities' overall global strategic planning initiatives.
Job Description Manages business operations activities that improve operational efficiency within the organization. Implements and standardizes business intelligence gathered from various processes and systems. Streamlines processes and develops best practices around business intelligence and management. Communicates processes and results to senior executives and management. Participates in and drives strategic discussions around business activities. Identifies and recommends productivity improvement opportunities. Tracks performance of the organization against strategic and tactical objectives. May have global responsibility for business operations.
* Oversees key business operations activities and continuous improvement of processes. Manages process and reporting activities to include financial, productivity, quality compliance, training and/or efficiency, etc. Analyzes data to provide decision support to senior management and executives.
* Identifies key operational and performance metrics to measure business performance and drives reporting activities. Measures performance of the organization against strategic and tactical operational metrics. Develops business models, business cases, and forecasting tools in support of various strategic initiatives.
* Identifies operational inefficiencies as well as best practices and drives improvement initiatives with senior management and operations teams. Acts as a customer advocate for processes, metrics, measurements and tools developed for management of the business.
* Acts as a liaison and interfaces cross-functionally to maintain communication between business groups. Works with cross-functional groups to ensure all documents and tools are kept up to date and communicated in a timely fashion. Participates in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization.
* Contributes to the development of and manages the execution of systems and local tools to drive consistency and efficiency in managing the business. Executes project plans to roll out new/enhanced process or systems capability. Participates in project/initiative prioritization process.
* Manages the activities of a broad functional area through first level managers and specialists that perform similar or related tasks. Has overall responsibility for developing and administering budgets, schedules and performance standards for organizational unit. May oversee the work of vendors and cross-functional project teams
* Performs other duties as required.
* Ability to work effectively with senior management.
* Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
* Customer Service skill.
* Sense of urgency.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Ability to describe subsystems at a functional level.
* Thorough understanding of financial statement analysis and/or secured financing.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Seattle, WA
View similar jobs:
Lead Financial Analyst Capital Finance Market Manager
AT&T - Redmond, WA
Robert Half Management Resources - Seattle, WA
Agency Project Manager for ongoing contract - starts ASAP!
The Creative Group - Seattle, WA
Locate this job: