Senior HR Manager Job Listing at EMC in Chicago, IL
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior HR Manager
Location(s) US - Illinois - Chicago
Functional Area(s) Human Resources
Requisition ID 100577BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Our People are our strategic advantage and our Human Resources teams around the world partner with the business to drive engagement, development, and retention. At EMC, we are committed to transforming Human Resources so we can be true strategic partners. We have industry-leading development programs for all EMC employees, we offer innovative benefits, and we are committed to your personal growth as well. Working in HR at EMC means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each and every day.
Job Description The Senior HR Manager contributes to EMC’s financial and operational performance by applying an understanding of human resources and organizational development knowledge to strategic business planning and execution. Builds and maintains a valued advisor relationship with leadership, consults on organization and people strategies, monitors business performance with an emphasis on people-related metrics and trends, and delivers Human Resource solutions that are timely and effectively address business issues and needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Consult with management in the strategic planning process and development of HR strategies that support the business needs.
· Responsible for managing and monitoring the implementation of Corporate and Business Unit HR programs and projects to ensure completion is on schedule and within budget.
· Analyze, prepare and deliver findings and recommendations to Field Management - e.g. workforce trending, talent and attrition information and other ad-hoc requests related to human capital.
· Manage the partnership and collaboration with several matrix HR Business Partners. Manage the partnership and collaboration with Talent Acquisition and Compensation on all hiring practices.
· Develops and drives customer-related programs and initiatives; proactively identifies and understands customer needs.
· Investigate and resolve employee relations issues within accepted policies using related business principles, practices and policies.
· Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years HR experience; Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience supporting a Sales or Services organization is strongly preferred.
· Strong communication, coaching, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds, and build trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, at all levels within the organization.
· Strong employee relations skills.
· StrongOD skills.
· Understanding of business environment.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge;preference for candidates with experience in the high tech industry.
· Up to 30% travel.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement."
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country United States
Job State IL
Job City Chicago
Job Postal/Zip Code 60654
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Human Resources jobs in Chicago, IL
View similar jobs:
Chase - IL, Illinois
Payroll Specialist / Coordinator
Electro Motive Diesels - Chicago, il
Provena Health - MOKENA, IL
Locate this job: