Senior Manager, Software Engineering Client Side Syncplicity Job Listing at EMC in Menlo Park, CA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior Manager, Software Engineering Client Side Syncplicity
Location(s) US - California - Menlo Park
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 99593BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Our culture is fast-moving, smart, innovative, and bold. Our goal us to hire the most talented and driven people in the marketing and give them the resources to do terrific things
Manager, Software Engineering (Client & Mobile teams) @ Syncplicity, By EMC
Our vision at Syncplicity is simple – we would like to change the way you work by with the most intuitive sync, share and collaboration service. Focused on usability, scalability and performance, our engineering teams are building the most efficient, native file sync and share applications backed by a massively scalable and distributed file synchronization and sharing platform.
If you join us, you will
· Manage and technically lead a development team of experienced developers on projects and features on the Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android platforms.
· Grow the team by hiring smart and talented engineers that are fun to work with
· Work with technologies such as C#, Objective-C, Java, RESTful web services , .NET, WCF, WPF
· Work with development frameworks like Cocoa, Eclipse, Play
· Work on platforms like Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
This position could be converted to a Sr. Manager role for the right candidate.
Our desktop and mobile sync applications deliver a simple user experience to the user under which synchronization just works. Building on the theme of a simple but intuitive user experience, our web applications are being built to deliver rich access and collaborative features. The service is delivered over public, private and hybrid clouds and the platform is designed to scale to millions of users and billions of files.
The real scale and challenges are yet to come. We have an exciting vision and a roadmap to match this vision. Come help us build the best sync & share platform that includes desktops, mobile devices and tablets, and the web, which makes your files available to you anywhere. You will manage the development of multiple major pieces of the service.If the idea of an incredibly efficient, fast, and infinitely scalable system sounds like something you could be interested.
- Manage Syncplicity’s desktop client and mobile teams.
- Hire, grow and mentor members of the team
- Plan and manage all deliverables
- Work with Product Managers and other peers to develop innovative solutions to critical business problems
- Work with the customer success group to triage customer issues in a very timely fashion
- 5+ yrs experience as a software developer, programmer and technical lead
- 2+ yrs experience as a hands-on Software Engineering Manager of teams with 8+ engineers
- Building teams of very high caliber engineers and motivating them.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Ability to work in an agile, nimble and fast-paced environment
- Innovative and creative thinker
- A high degree of appreciation for end-user experience and intuitiveness
- B.S. or MS in Computer Science and Engineering
- Technical experience in:
o Experience with programming highly multi-threaded services and applications for high concurrency requirements, HTTP and network programming
o Windows and/or MacOS and/or mobile platforms
Syncplicity is a fast paced, exciting and innovative start-up within EMC. Located in downtown Menlo Park, Synplicity is in the hub of innovation. Surrounded by cafe's, coffee shops, join the team in walking meetings, team lunches driving Syncplicity's culture of inclusion and team
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Store Management CA Palo Alto
CVS Caremark - MENLO PARK, CA
Robert Half Finance & Accounting - Redwood City, CA
KellyMitchell Group - PLEASANTON, CA
Locate this job: