Principal Program/Project Manager Job Listing at EMC in Hopkinton, MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Principal Program/Project Manager
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton
Functional Area(s) Product Management
Requisition ID 103356BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
EMCs Enterprise Storage Division (ESD) is the worlds preeminent provider of mission critical information storage solutions, protecting the most demanding environments of enterprises large and small. From EMCs flagship Symmetrix VMAX enterprise storage family, to the revolutionary VPLEX active-distributed storage federation, to the ground-breaking RecoverPoint continuous data protection, ESDs continuous innovation is accelerating IT transformation to Hybrid Cloud.
Bring your skills, experience and dreams to be part of the global team that is actively defining the future of information technology in the hottest areas, including virtual infrastructure, big data, and cloud computing. We offer a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that embraces diversity, encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
Join the team in the Office of the CTO which supports EMC's top product lines VMAX, VPLEX and Recoverpoint. Plans, monitors and manages internal projects, programs, or administrative systems from initiation through completion. Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, and troubleshooting. Interprets requirements, identifies and communicates project scope. Monitors performance and recommends changes, cost adjustments or resource additions. Responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating resources and cross-functional teams through progress measurement activities. Ensures effective communication between technical and non-technical functions. Keeps management informed of key issues and changes, which may impact expected business results. May engage and oversee the work of external vendors. Ensures project results meet quality, reliability, milestones, and budget. Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal processes that may impact the project or program deliverables.
• Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal process and practices impacting project/program(s). Identifies areas of risk/opportunities and influences and implements continuous improvements.
• Defines and reports project/program roadmap, status, development issues and success metrics. Develops tools and analytics to support success of project/programs. Provides over-arching results, recommendations, and documentation.
• Oversees cross functional team(s) and is subject matter expert in the establishment, planning and implementation of multiple projects and/or programs. Allocates resources as necessary. Interfaces with all levels of management.
• Identifies priorities and schedules relative to each initiative, project or program. Ensures initiative, project and/or program deliverables are met on time and within budget as required. Develops recommendations and implements solutions to project/program challenges. May facilitate partner alignment and maintain partner relationships.
• Provides work direction, training and development to other team members. Develops and cultivates relationships.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to work effectively with senior management.
• Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
• Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Problem solving skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Education Required: Bachelors (Non -Technical)
Experience Required: 4+ years relevant experience
"> ">As part of our headquarters campuses, both our Hopkinton and Franklin facilities offer incredible amenities for our employees. From a complete fitness center with indoor pool to an espresso bistro, you'll be impressed with the many ways we make working at EMC easy for you. We offer dry cleaning services, on-site massage, ATM. You'll always find a host of ways to engage and interact with your co-workers. And each of our campus locations is connected by a fleet of hybrid EMC Shuttles. Hopkinton and Franklin are located just west of Boston. It's a quick commute from Boston or most locations in the fast growing MetroWest area. As a Massachusetts leading technology employer, you'll find working at our headquarters to be a highlight of your career at EMC.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
Front Store Greeter
CVS Caremark - Boston, MA
Practice Assistant Ambulatory Clinics Float Pool AFSCME (24 Hrs Days)
Boston Medical Center - Boston, MA
Practice Assistant Ambulatory Clinics Float Pool AFSCME (40 Hrs Rotating D\E)
Boston Medical Center - Boston, MA
Locate this job: