Senior Software Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Shanghai (Job ID emc-343906)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior Software Engineer
Location(s) China - Shanghai
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 103140BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to work in the SourceOne team in EMC Backup & Recovery System (BRS) division, responsible for developing state of the art archiving and e-discovery products. In your capacity, you will have an opportunity working with world class architects, engineers to develop the cutting-edge technologies. We promote a learning and innovative environment. This is technology leadership position and a great opportunity for highly-motivated individuals to advance to next level.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Working with product managers to help define feature requirements
* Working full lifecycle of product development including design, implementation and testing
* Working with architect to validate designs through walk-through, prototypes, and unit testing
* Working with QA in designing and implementing integration and stress/performance tests
* Mentoring team members with hands-on technical suggestions
* Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
* 4+ years of progressive experience in complex software system design and development
* In-depth understanding of Windows Domain and security management (Active Directory, LDAP)
* Skillset A:
* Solid and hands-on programming experience with C/C++
* Solid development experience in Windows programming with Win32 API, COM, DCOM, etc.
* Or Skillset B:
* Excellent experience in C# developing Web/Desktop applications with .NET platform
* Solid experience in XML and Web Service development with .NET platform
* Experience in Microsoft Exchange, Notes development
* Knowledge in building archiving and e-discovery system
* SharePoint development experience is a big plus
* Knowledge in building automation and continuous integration with .NET platform
* Knowledge in agile methodology and tools, such as XP and SCRUM.
"> ">The EMC China Center of Excellence (COE) was founded in July 2006. It has grown quickly with locations in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu. Its key objectives are to provide advanced software and hardware development and quality assurance for EMC business operations, as well as to supply world-class products and services for customers worldwide. Since its foundation inception, the EMC China COE has been positioned as the source of innovation for EMC's information infrastructure. It consists of six functions; the EMC Storage Technology R&D Hub, Cloud Computing R&D Hub, Information Management R&D Hub, EMC Labs China, Global Solution Center and Global Technical Services Center. Joining EMC, you are joining one of the fastest growing leading IT company. Joining EMC China center of excellence, you are joining one of the fastest growth centers of EMC. EMC offers you tremendous opportunities to grow your career, work with global talents in passion and be a part of the Cloud/Big Data innovation. To know more details on EMC China COE, please visit http://china.emc.com/microsites/wheretalentlives/
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country China
Job City Shanghai
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Shanghai
View similar jobs:
SAP - Shanghai
Industry Principal- Auto
SAP - Shanghai
B1-Sr Extensibility Developer
SAP - Shanghai
Locate this job: