Senior Software Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Shanghai
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Senior Software Engineer
Location(s) China - Shanghai
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 103911BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
Job Description Develops software solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. .
* Provides technical expertise by independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a wide range of complex software engineering problems. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products.
* Writes high level design specs, unit test plans and/or integration test plans
* Sphere of influence is likely to extend outside of work group or department
* Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles
* Contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives
* Develops new software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluate existing processes
* Accountable for delivery of subsystem, anticipates issues and addresses proactively
* Analyze and code complex modules, define data structures, and specify test tools
* Duties may include research, evaluation, development and application of new process and methods into products. Sphere of influence is likely to extend outside of work group or department
* Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase
* Works effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily shares information with others.
* Knowledge of appropriate development languages.
* Problem solving skills.
* General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
* Communication skills.
* Analytical ability.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
* Understanding of business environment.
* Project management skills.
"> ">The EMC China Center of Excellence (COE) was founded in July 2006. It has grown quickly with locations in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu. Its key objectives are to provide advanced software and hardware development and quality assurance for EMC business operations, as well as to supply world-class products and services for customers worldwide. Since its foundation inception, the EMC China COE has been positioned as the source of innovation for EMC's information infrastructure. It consists of six functions; the EMC Storage Technology R&D Hub, Cloud Computing R&D Hub, Information Management R&D Hub, EMC Labs China, Global Solution Center and Global Technical Services Center. Joining EMC, you are joining one of the fastest growing leading IT company. Joining EMC China center of excellence, you are joining one of the fastest growth centers of EMC. EMC offers you tremendous opportunities to grow your career, work with global talents in passion and be a part of the Cloud/Big Data innovation. To know more details on EMC China COE, please visit http://china.emc.com/microsites/wheretalentlives/
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Shanghai
View similar jobs:
EMC - Shanghai
Innovation Chef-Hot pot
Ben and Jerry's - Shanghai
Visa - Shanghai
Locate this job: