Software Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Shanghai
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Software Engineer
Location(s) China - Shanghai
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 96286BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Global Product Operations is a 2600 person, globally diverse organization comprising of manufacturing,logistics,hardware development,and global supply chain operations. We pride ourselves on global inclusion, operational excellence, world class execution and process innovation. We provide world class business solutions and services that create a competitive advantage for our internal and external partners. Our facilities span three Manufacturing plants, three Centers of Excellence,and 11 Logistics Centers across the globe. The GPO Organization offers a wide range of opportunities for technicians, engineers, program managers, analysts and planners, among others. GPO offers a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
Job Description Develops software solutions for external clients based on detailed specifications from technology/systems consultants. Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, etc. Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
* Provides technical expertise by independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a moderate range of complex software engineering problems. Uses judgement and creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
* Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during the program design phase
* Sphere of influence may extend outside of work group or department
* Represents the organization on project teams and may perform technical project leadership roles; contributes to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives
* Works on the overall design and development of new ideas and products, and develops project plans
* Applies software engineering methods or processes, re-evaluate existing processes; designs simulation and test criteria and verifies functionality and performance
* May be responsible for developing and executing project plans. Provides documentation of work and results; reviews projects against goals and provides status reports
* Knowledge of appropriate development languages.
* Problem solving skills.
* General knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
* Communication skills.
* Analytical ability.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Shanghai
View similar jobs:
CIB - MNC Corporate Banker - Global Corporate Bank
J.P. Morgan - China
Applications Support Analyst - Associate - Shanghai
J.P. Morgan Chase - China
CIB - Transaction Processing Manager - CIB Operations
J.P. Morgan - China
Locate this job: