Sr Account Manager 1 Job Listing at EMC in McLean, VA (Job ID emc-341667)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Account Manager 1
Location(s) US - Virginia - McLean
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 102302BR
EMC Corporation is the world leader in information storage systems, software, networks, and services that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion of content. EMC solutions are enabling enterprises of all kinds to unite information as one resource, harness it as one source of value, and leverage it as one asset to reach the goals of the organization. If you thrive in a challenging, results-oriented, and rewarding environment take a closer look atEMC Corporation. Team up with the world leader and achieve your own ambitious goals! EMC wants to talk to candidates interested in the following opportunity:
**TS/SCI Clearance with Poly Required**
Responsible for a high quota Federal territory: quota is typically $12-30M. This sales leadership role is focused on leveraging a team of matrixes resources to provide multiple, concurrent solutions spanning EMC’s entire products and services solution offerings.
Working with A-level leaders at both the Federal Agency and business unit level, as well as enlisting EMC executives during sales cycles, the focus of this opportunity is to lead a team of EMC resources aligned with the region and financial vertical to continually position EMC’s solutions across all Federal Agencies. Additional responsibilities include:
* Plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration, especially within under penetrated accounts, and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-year focus. Demonstrates advanced knowledge and practice of the Integrated Sales Cycle.
* Must maintain detailed knowledge of EMC software and hardware products, EMC Consulting services offerings, competitive products, customer vertical industry, and have in-depth understanding of the customer’s application strategy. Ability to help customer make future solutions decisions based on product roadmaps.
* Initiates contacts with, and manages difficult/tough prospects utilizing the Integrated Sales Cycle. May assist others with difficult/tough sales and solutions. Often leads a cross-functional sales team.
* Maintains a complete knowledge of EMC products, policies and services using the Integrated Sales Cycle; has specialized training within product and/or service lines.
* Has a strong technical understanding of the EMC offering and knows when to engage assistance from the Technology Consultant.
Enterprise - Cross-section of accounts; contain mostly complex national Federal accounts.
Initiates contacts with, and manages difficult/tough prospects utilizing the Integrated Sales Cycle.
May assist others with difficult/tough sales and solutions. Often leads a cross-functional sales team.
Maintains a complete knowledge of EMC products, policies and services using the Integrated Sales Cycle; has specialized training within product and/or service lines.
Has a strong technical understanding of the EMC offering and knows when to engage SE assistance.
Operates under considerable latitude. May serve as project or initiative leader.
Initiating telephone and email contact with potential prospects from web and lead generation lists; cold calling as needed.
Representing EMC DCD products and solutions at tradeshows, seminars and other demand-generation events.
Provides quotes and presents proposals to Federal customers.
Drive the sales engagement between select resellers, EMC and end users within the Federal market, while steering the teams to mutually beneficial customer successes
We seek a proven sales leader with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent quota achievement selling complex solutions within a highly resource-matrixes environment. Additionally, we require:
* TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
* 7 plus years of prominent, global or large account management experience
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
* Eligible for a US government security clearance.
* Exceptional communication, presentation and organizational skills.
* Experience with Federal procurement processes and contracting vehicles
* Excellent electronic correspondence skills, with knowledge of basic business research tools
* Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a high-energy, motivated self-starter
* Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
* Detailed, measurable experience in negotiating global contracts.
* Excellent pipelining / forecasting / resource management / account management skills essential to success.
* Advanced degree
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Sales jobs in Tysons, VA
View similar jobs:
Helzberg Diamonds - McLean, VA
Helzberg Diamonds - Bethesda, MD
Assistant Sales Team Leader
Headway Workforce Solutions - Gaithersburg, MD
Locate this job: