Sr Mgr, IT Business Consulting Job Listing at EMC in Franklin, MA (Job ID emc-341951)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Mgr, IT Business Consulting
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Franklin
Functional Area(s) Information Technology
Requisition ID 102396BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">Each and every day, EMC's IT organization develops and delivers innovative solutions to support EMC's growth and goals, while enabling more than 50,000 employees around the globe to work more productively. At the heart of the EMC journey to cloud computing and IT as a Service, EMC's dedicated and driven IT professionals continually strive to enhance our environment; embrace a broader spectrum of technologies; and accelerate their careers. Join us as we build the IT organization of the future.
Job Description Responsible for leading a team that provides methodologies, tools and oversight for business process design, manages business demand for IT services and achieves overall customer satisfaction. Identifies opportunities for process improvements, standardization, cost savings and efficiency improvements utilizing a variety of methodologies and tools, including Six Sigma. Provides business problem solving capabilities using standard consulting methodologies to assess process and system challenges and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Manage and mentor a team of Business Consultants on overall portfolio management skills, including business requirements definition, business relationship management and cross-functional communication; Identify opportunities to make IT's governance more agile, efficient and flexible while driving end-to-end operational quality and delivery excellence across the organization.
* Develop and review IT business cases to ensure completeness and quality; Coach Business Consultants and guide them in the creation of business cases ensuring specific benefit identification and business commitment; Provide management to the team through compliance and support of EMC/IT policies and procedures; Continue to communicate the benefits of the IT operating model, process and vision.
* Manage and support EMC's matrix organization structure, ensure team productivity and manage cross-functional reporting relationships; Work with direct reports to ensure work and development opportunities exist to achieve both career and personal goals; Responsible for recruiting, hiring, coaching & mentoring Business Consultants.
* Support the development and strengthening of internal partnerships and alliances; Develop and maintain strong relationships with Senior Directors and Vice Presidents to establish broad based technical direction related to business objectives and goals; Ensure a high level of project quality & client satisfaction exists throughout portfolio projects by managing customer expectations and resolving cross-functional issues.
* Oversee ''end to end'' program management process from proposal through solution delivery, business adoption, and post-implementation reviews; Resolve issues surrounding sponsorship, resources, project budgets, and vendor management; Support the change management process to ensure business case benefits are realized through adoption of process and technology initiatives.
* Work with EMC leaders and Functional Controllers to determine required portfolio budget to support both newly prioritized projects, as well as on-going functional application and system maintenance; Accountable for meeting financial targets once defined; Partner with Solution Delivery, Security, and Infrastructure architects in evaluating and selecting technology product vendors and integrators.
* Conduct research to understand industry best practices for improving productivity and overall effectiveness; Leverage network of internal and external technology consultants to identify and collaborate on opportunities that drive competitive edge
* Drive the use of metrics and key performance indicators to enable the IT leadership team to measure and track the performance of the organization and areas requiring improvement
* 10 plus years of related experience
* Consultative skills, prior Consulting experience preferred.
* Negotiation skills.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Leadership Skills.
* Communication skills, particularly executive communication skills.
* Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
* Mentoring/Coaching skills, prior people management experience (formally or informally).
* Knowledge of the Sales and Sales Business Operations function and processes preferred.
"> ">As part of our headquarters campuses, both our Hopkinton and Franklin facilities offer incredible amenities for our employees. From a complete fitness center with indoor pool to an espresso bistro, you'll be impressed with the many ways we make working at EMC easy for you. We offer dry cleaning services, on-site massage, ATM. You'll always find a host of ways to engage and interact with your co-workers. And each of our campus locations is connected by a fleet of hybrid EMC Shuttles. Hopkinton and Franklin are located just west of Boston. It's a quick commute from Boston or most locations in the fast growing MetroWest area. As a Massachusetts leading technology employer, you'll find working at our headquarters to be a highlight of your career at EMC.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Job Country United States
Job State MA
Job City Franklin
Job Postal/Zip Code 02038
Business Unit 200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
Job Code 603066 Sr Mgr, IT Business Consulting
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Providence, RI
View similar jobs:
Product Marketing Consultant
CVS Caremark - Woonsocket, RI
Senior Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst
CVS Caremark - Cumberland, RI
Sr. Advisor Pharmacy Analytics & Strategy
CVS Caremark - Lincoln, RI
Locate this job: