Sr. Mgr Product Mgmt Job Listing at EMC in Hopkinton, MA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr. Mgr Product Mgmt
Location(s) US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton
Functional Area(s) Consulting
Engineering - Hardware
Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 96684BR
Job Title: Sr. Manager Product Management
The GS Product Services organization requires a proven leader to develop and direct activities of the Global Service lifecycle planning and validation functions to ensure the continued success of EMC’s Global Services organization.
As the selected candidate, you will lead a team of product/portfolio focused Program Managers and SVT technical engineers that drive the successful integration of ESD Symmetrix Family of products, services and initiatives within the Global Services organization. You will also develop and drive serviceability/X-ability and support readiness plans consistent with Global Services and EMC Corporate strategies as well as Business Unit product time-to-market objectives. As the successful candidate, you will be expected to perform the following functions:
· Oversee the Global Services new product introduction, steady state and End-of-Life product lifecycle activities to ensure readiness and operational compliance with worldwide GS service delivery organizations.
· Utilize strong business management skills to develop and track product operational metrics. Analyze trends for non-compliance with GS strategic and/or operational goals. Develop and implement corrective action programs to drive trends towards compliance with GS standards.
· Formally track and communicate status of assigned products, product road maps, short and long term objectives as well as initiatives. This includes program status, program readiness, business and technical issues, operational risks and recommended resolution plans across functional organizations and management up to and including cross-functional executive management.
· Influence ESD engineering to adopt GS recommended product design changes through X-ability (serviceability, etc.) proposal development and adoption, with the benefits to EMC of improving the Total Customer Experience (TCE), increase efficiency (reduce cost of service) and improves our competitive advantage (revenue growth).
· Influence the development of procedural standards and organizational requirements throughout Global Services.
· Lead and manage the activities of a group of individual contributors responsible for the cross-functional coordination, implementation, administration and execution of strategic initiatives. Manage personnel staffing, scheduling and employee development.
· Act with autonomy in identifying and resolving tactical obstacles and issues associated with assigned products areas and/or functional activities.
· Accountable for the successful achievement of team results as defined through operational requirements and quarterly goals.
· Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional EMC peer organizations to successfully achieve objectives.
· Leverage in-depth industry, functional and operational expertise to assists with the development of strategies for assigned product area
· Drive the implementation of consistent performance standards and metrics for assigned business area.
· Cross-Functional leadership and management skills
· Negotiation and influence skills
· Business acumen
· General knowledge and application of engineering concepts
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology
Experience Required: 10+ years prior management experience in the IT industry, preferably in the storage industry.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Boston, MA
View similar jobs:
John Hancock - Boston, MA
Nursing Supervisor - Per Diem - Hospital Natick
Kindred Hospital - Natick, MA
Personal Response Associate
Philips North America - Framingham, MA
Locate this job: