Sr Mgr, Software Engineering Job Listing at EMC in Beijing
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Mgr, Software Engineering
Location(s) China - Beijing
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 97295BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMCs Unified Storage Division USD is one of EMCs fastest growing Business Units. Its new, award winning entry VNXe and midrange VNX storage solutions have taken the market by storm, garnering over 20 industry awards and have bolstered EMCs Number 1 position in mid tier storage according to IDC. They offer record breaking simplicity, efficiency and performance for virtualized application environments including those from Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, and Citrix. Join the talented, worldwide resources dedicated to delivering the industrys most innovative mid tier storage solutions. We offer a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork and rewards results.
Job Description Manages engineers performing multiple and varied engineering tasks and specialties. Responsible for developing work plans, establishing technical objectives and assigning tasks. Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met. Identifies and recommends changes to established practices and policies. Regularly interacts with supervisors, peer managers, and employees within and beyond a particular function. Requires in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility. Often plays a proactive role in developing and applying new approaches to engineering design and development. Authorizes the resources necessary to achieve organizational goals. Participates in and is accountable for cross functional initiatives and collaboration, which may have significant impact on business results.
* Participates in long-range planning and is involved in the development of operational goals, as well as engineering specifications. Participates in the modification, development and implementation of company practices and policies that affect subordinate employees.
* Develop and provide challenging yet appropriate assignments, evaluates work, communicates progress toward career development and goals
* Can reach appropriate resolution in many varied situations without damaging internal or external relationships
* Creates schedules and work plans and may be accountable for managing a budget
* Provides innovative solutions to complex problems, communicates progress toward project/program goals
* Develops functional processes and operational policies within the area managed
* Responsible for implementing operational and strategic policies and directives and for sharing information with related groups/projects
* Interface with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Knowledge of job associated database/software/documentation.
* Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
* Communication skills.
* Understanding of business environment.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Decision making skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Conflict resolution skills.
* Project management skills.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Beijing
View similar jobs:
Sr.Area Biz Mgr-Beijing
Ben and Jerry's - Beijing
American International Group - Beijing
American International Group - Beijing
Locate this job: