Web Portal Content Manager Job Listing at EMC in Santa Clara, CA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Web Portal Content Manager
Location(s) US - California - Santa Clara
Functional Area(s) Customer Service & Support
Requisition ID 102526BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
The EMC BRS Division, the leading provider of inline deduplicated backup and near-line storage
appliances, is looking for a self directed, committed and strongly qualified Web Portal Content Manager to join our Support Tools development team. Working under minimal direction, this position is responsible for all aspects of content management on our customer portal. We require a highly detail-oriented, conscientious person. This customer-facing position demands solid customer communication skills. Requests for posting come from several internal teams, and some customer-reported issues will need to be dispatched to other teams, so this person must be able to absorb our business processes quickly and exercise diplomacy in communications. Our portal software requires knowledge/training of our unique tagging interface, security model and document hierarchy.
· Monitor and respond to internal-facing "posting requests" mailboxes to determine posting needs;
· manage urgent requests to fulfill Engineering commitments to customers and partners.
· Post and tag release documentation and software; assist with and debug tagging of KB articles.
· Administer the Portal security & permissions model; address Partner add and access requests.
· Monitor and respond to customer-facing "portal problems" mailbox. Requires diplomacy and fast
· turnaround times to assist customers with portal registration and access issues, portal features,
· initiating support contract renewals and addressing support case issues.
· Ability to quickly understand business process, and its relation to our CRM systems. Prefer
· experience with Customer Support, Supply Chain, Service Logistics or Installed Base.
Education / Experience
· Minimum MS in CS, EE or similar technical degree; or 6 – 8 years equivalent experience.
· Personal Characteristics
· Self-starting with high integrity and initiative.
· Thought leadership with passion for process improvement and attention to detail.
· Ability to handle complex assignments and adapt in a dynamic, growth-oriented company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Significant contributor to organizational goals and objectives.
· Interacts cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization lines.
· May be accountable for overall product and/or serve as a customer advocate, may represent
· organization as principal customer contact.
· Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering groups, voluntarily shares
· Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and products, exerts significant
· latitude in determining objectives of an assignment.
· Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, without appreciable direction.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Project management skills.
· Understanding of business environment.
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup and work in a team environment.
· Communication and presentation skills.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Web Design/Development jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Sr. Front End Developer
Talentburst, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Marcom Web Developer
Talentburst, Inc. - Mountain View, CA
Senior UI, Web Developer
Software Guidance & Assistance - Mountain View, CA
Locate this job: