Sr. SDE Job Listing at EMC in Seattle, WA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr. SDE
Location(s) US - Washington - Seattle
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 99684BR
Software Development Engineer, CIFS/SMB/SMB2
As Software Development Engineer, you will work with a small, agile team building best-of-breed cross-platform NAS-based storage and security solutions. Your expertise in protocol-level design and development will help us create cross-platform entry points for Isilon Storage Division, Data Domain, and other divisions within EMC2.
· Design and implement new features and enhancements to file system technologies.
· Take ownership for implementing software solutions per stakeholders’ requirements.
· Work with partners who are integrating our solutions with their products.
· Write unit tests and other automated testing solutions.
· Create documentation for partner engineers.
· Be a self-driven and active team collaborator, both teaching and learning while moving the project forward.
· Above all, achieve both personal and team success by delivering shippable products on schedule!
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
· 4+ years of file system, network protocol, or other system-level development experience in C or C++, with multiple operating systems
· In-depth knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
o CIFS/SMB/SMB2 file services
o Windows Active Directory domain protocols such as DCE/RPC, Kerberos, NTLMSSP, GSSAPI/SSPI, and LDAP
o NTFS file system semantics regarding oplocks, leases, byte-range locks, and share modes
o NAS and/or SAN storage and surrounding infrastructure
o Standard Unix/Linux BSD socket APIs
o Other NAS protocols such as NFS
· Understand issues around performance and scalability under heavy loads
· Unit test development experience
· Self-starter, creative, highly motivated and responsible
· Solid understanding of the entire software engineering lifecycle, including product conceptualization, specification, design, development and release processes
· Versatility, foresight, and maturity to focus on solving business problems with the appropriate tools
· Proven ability to ship projects on time and on budget
· Team player – the Likewise team is a small group within EMC2and the ability to interact well with fellow team members is crucial
· Excellent all around communication skills
· Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
· Creative approach to problem solving.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Seattle, WA
View similar jobs:
Manager, Mobile Content Operations
Amazon - Seattle, WA
Advertising Account Coordinator
TMP Worldwide - Seattle, WA
Territory Manager - Chase Equipment Finance
Chase - WA, Washington
Locate this job: