Sr Solutions Architect Job Listing at EMC in Alexandria, VA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Solutions Architect
Location(s) US - Virginia - Alexandria
US - Virginia - Arlington
US - Virginia - Glen Allen
US - Virginia - Herndon
US - Virginia - McLean
Functional Area(s) Global Solutions
Requisition ID 103702BR
EMC Residency Services, a core practice area in EMC's Global Services organization, deploys highly skilled, specialized information infrastructure professionals to EMC's customer sites from 6 months up to several years, depending on each customer's specific needs. As a Resident, you will deliver specific operational, management and/or technical support skills, knowledge, and expertise to address a wide variety of our customers' requirements-from daily tactical tasks.
EMC Residents have a unique career opportunity to be recognized by EMC clients as Storage Technology Experts who lead day-to-day storage operations and optimization of an information infrastructure, and they fill critical staff, skill or experience gaps within our customers, participate in industry recognized/world class advanced technology training and certification, to be key contributors on long term EMC client engagements.
As aSr Solutions Architect, you bring 10+ years of best practice knowledge in the areas of business continuity, high availabilty planning/design and capacity planning. You will:
* Provision storage based on standardized procedures as outlined by EMC best practice documentation.
* Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage infrastructure.
* Participate in the execution of the business continuance and disaster recovery plans as agreed upon by EMC and the customer.
* Support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
* Excecutive necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required.
* Travel to various customer engagements.
* Perform other duties as required.
PLEASENOTE: This position will be in Tampa, Florida and REQUIRES Top Secret clearance. Relo assistance available.
Required Technical Skills:
* Cisco MDS
Education and Experience:
* 8+ years of industry experience with 4+ years in a SAN Administration role.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent combination of skills and experience
* EMC and other industry certifications a definite asset.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement".
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Fairfax, VA
View similar jobs:
Cloud Support Engineer
Amazon - Herndon, VA
SENIOR TEST ENGINEER
The Judge Group - GERMANTOWN, MD
AWS Support Engineer-DynamoDB
Amazon - Herndon, VA
Locate this job: