Sr Solutions Architect - SMARTS Job Listing at EMC in Denver, CO (Job ID emc-335584)
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Solutions Architect - SMARTS
Location(s) US - Colorado - Denver
US - Illinois - Chicago
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton
US - New Jersey - Berkeley Heights
US - Ohio - Cincinnati
US - Texas - Dallas
Functional Area(s) Consulting
Requisition ID 100183BR
Title: Sr Solutions Architect – SMARTS
EMC Corporation is the world leader in information storage systems, software, networks, and services that store, protect, move, manage and access the explosion of content. EMC solutions are enabling enterprises of all kinds to unite information as one resource, harness it as one source of value, and leverage it as one asset to reach the goals of the organization. If you thrive in a challenging, results-oriented, and rewarding environment take a closer look at EMC Corporation. Team up with the world leader and achieve your own ambitious goals! EMC wants to talk to candidates interested in the following opportunity:
Senior Solutions Architect, Centralized Practices
This person filling this position will play an important role in the Global Practice organization, part of EMC's, Technology Solutions group, which provides planning, design, implementation and management services to EMC’s global clients.
The specific focus for this role is the development and delivery of value added integration and consultative services in the area of Enterprise Network Management solutions, designing, deploying and integrating the EMC SMARTS product set.
General activities will typically include:
* Attend technical presales meetings and presentations.
* Provide presentations of architectural and functional designs to the customer.
* Provide Enterprise Network Design, Implementation and Integration expertise, around SMARTS.
* Develop Statements of Work and project plans based on the customer’s requirements and proof of concept to include prioritization and cost assessment.
* Conduct Health Assessments of previously installed Enterprise Network Management implementations, providing customers with a written assessment and recommendations. This could be related to competitive platforms such as Micomuse, HP Openview, Tivoli and BMC
* Participate in or lead discussions on requirements gathering and solutions architecture.
Specific skills and experience levels are listed below.
* UNIX Shell scripting, Perl and/or InCharge ASL and/or html programming (i.e. html, xml, or CGI)
* Regular expressions, Boolean logic
* Operational experience managing an enterprise or service provider network is a plus
* Operating Systems (basic systems administration skills)
* Windows Server (2000, 2003, XP)
* Unix (one or more of Solaris, Linux, HP/UX, AIX)
* Networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc.
* Common elements, i.e. routers, switches, telecommunications devices and services
* Network Management and/or Element Management systems
* EMS’s for applications, routers, servers, switches, telecommunications devices
* Event message formats including SNMP, syslog, and log-files
* Specific expertise in Micromuse, HP Openview, Tovoli, BMC Patrol and SMARTS a big advantage.
* Business & Application Service Management experience desirable
* Application Availability / Performance Management products and solutions
* Analyzing business value and metrics associated with IT infrastructure
* Database basics; should be capable of basic database operations such as queries and table joins although DBA level not required
* Travel is required for this position, sometimes on short notice. Travel frequency and length varies by position and location but will include travel to periodic team meetings at a minimum.
* Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. As part of a diverse global team, our success is often a collective effort leveraging the prior experience of others.
* Proven trouble-shooting ability
* Must be comfortable presenting
Bachelor's degree and 7 to 10 years of industrial experience
* Have a proven track record in Network consulting
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and display project leadership skills
* Willingness to travel 60% +
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Denver, CO
View similar jobs:
Plant Engineer II/ Project Manager
Entegee Engineering Technical Group - Platteville, CO
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Denver, CO
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Arnold-Hanafin Corporation - Arvada, CO
Locate this job: