Sr Storage Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Tampa, FL
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Storage Engineer
Location(s) US - Florida - Tampa
US - Maryland - Columbia
US - Maryland - Rockville
US - Tennessee - Knoxville
US - Tennessee - Nashville
US - Virginia - Alexandria
US - Virginia - Arlington
US - Virginia - Glen Allen
US - Virginia - Herndon
US - Virginia - McLean
US - Washington DC
Functional Area(s) Global Solutions
Requisition ID 103065BR
EMC Residency Services, a core practice area in EMC's Global Services organization, deploys highly skilled, specialized information infrastructure professionals to EMC's customer sites from 6 months up to several years, depending on each customer's specific needs. As a Resident, you will deliver specific operational, management and/or technical support skills, knowledge, and expertise to address a wide variety of our customers' requirements-from daily tactical tasks.
EMC Residents have a unique career opportunity to be recognized by EMC clients as Storage Technology Experts who lead day-to-day storage operations and optimization of an information infrastructure, and they fill critical staff, skill or experience gaps within our customers, participate in industry recognized/world class advanced technology training and certification, to be key contributors on long term EMC client engagements.
As aSr Storage Engineer, you bring 6+ years of best practice knowledge in the areas of business continuity, high availabilty planning/design and capacity planning. You will:
* Provision storage based on standardized procedures as outlined by EMC best practice documentation.
* Actively contribute to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of storage infrastructure.
* Participate in the execution of the business continuance and disaster recovery plans as agreed upon by EMC and the customer.
* Support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
* Excecutive necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required.
* Travel to various customer engagements.
* Perform other duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based in either Washington, DC, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland or Florida. US Citizenship required with ideally a Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret, etc).
Required Technical Skills:
Your skills should include a significant subset of the following:
* Storage (Enterprise): EMC Symmetrix DMX800, DMX1000, DMX2000, DMX3000, DMX4000, VMAX
Storage (Midrange): EMC CLARiiON FC-4700, CX200, CX500, CX700, VNX
Software/ Applications:Time finder/Clone and Time finder/Mirror, SRDF/A, EMC Power path, Snapshot, Snap view, Snap clone, Mirror View, SAN Copy, Navisphere, Recoverpoint, Replication Manager, Open Migrator, Open Replicator
Monitoring Tools: ECC, SYMCLI, NaviCLI, Navisphere Manager, Fabric Manager
FC Switches: Cisco, Brocade, McData
Veritas Tools:VERITAS Volume Manager 4.0
Virtualization: VMWare ESX, Vmotion, VMWare Workstation
OS Administraiton: Sun Solaris, Linux & Windows, AIX
Education and Experience:
* 6+ years of industry experience with 4+ years in a SAN Administration role.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent combination of skills and experience
* EMC and other industry certifications a definite asset.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency Fee Agreement".
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Tampa Bay, FL
View similar jobs:
NICE Solution Architect
J.P. Morgan Chase - FL, Florida
Network Implementation Engineer - Chase Paymentech
Chase - FL, Florida
Software Guidance & Assistance - Tampa, FL
Locate this job: