Sr Storage Ops Specialist Job Listing at EMC in Nashville, TN
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Storage Ops Specialist
Location(s) US - Tennessee - Nashville
Functional Area(s) Global Solutions
Requisition ID 102431BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we're leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMC's Residency Practice aims to increase the consumption and adoption of EMC technology, as well as maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of a customer's information infrastructure by utilizing our highly trained best-in-class service professionals. As a key member of the EMC Residency Practice, your role as a trusted advisor to our customer will drive value and accelerate the visibility of our cloud services and offerings.
Job Description The Senior Storage Operations Specialist provides operational support and guidance to customers to support the management and use of EMC storage solutions. Responsible for performing a wide variety of daily storage management tasks as well as providing recommendations for effective and efficient storage system use. . Capable of working with minimal supervision. Considered an expert in the implementation and use of EMC storage solutions. Knowledgeable of industry best practices in the implementation of complex storage environments. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with EMC Sales, TS and external customers.
* Provide proactive recommendations to the customer for improving storage operations and/or effective use of EMC storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with EMC.
* Responsible for performing daily operational tasks like storage provisioning and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions storage based on standardized procedures as outlined by EMC best practice documentation
* Participates in the execution of the business continuance and disaster recovery plans as agreed upon by EMC and the customer.
* Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's storage disaster recovery process as required.
* Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with EMC and customer's change management policies.
* Represents EMC in a professional manner to customers, EMC Partners and other EMC personnel at all times. May be required to support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through classroom training sessions or on-the-job mentoring. Trains customer personnel when authorized by TS Management or as part of the specific Statement of Work (SOW).
* Participates in the continual review and improvement of existing operational policies and procedures in compliance with EMC's storage management best practices.
* Performs other duties as required. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
* VMAX, VNX, Open Replicator, SRDF, VMware,Brocade experience
* Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter.
* Cross-Functional skill.
* Customer focused.
* Communication skills.
"> ">When you chose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:IT-PM/BA jobs in Nashville, TN
View similar jobs:
Kelly Services - Franklin, TN
Associate Systems Analyst-Hardware
Community Health Systems - Franklin (Nashville Region), TN
Business Systems Analyst
Kelly Services - Franklin, TN
Locate this job: