Sr Technology Consultant Job Listing at EMC in Lisle, IL
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Sr Technology Consultant
Location(s) US - Illinois - Lisle
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 101978BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Silver Tail Systems provides 3rd generation fraud prevention for protection against business logic abuse.
Hackers are no longer high school kids trying to one-up their friends or criminals trying to just break-in to sites. Instead, today’s sophisticated hacker is organized crime, strategically targeting websites, stealing billions of dollars from companies and their customers. Vendors providing web application security and intrusion prevention have forced hackers to become much more innovative in their means of attacking websites. These hackers now target the legitimate business logic of websites to perpetrate their fraud, including hijack threats, automated programs for password guessing, mass registration of accounts to game incentive programs, scraping customer data off of the website to perpetrate identity theft, and many others. Silver Tail is using the deep domain expertise of its team to provide software that combats business logic abuse in real-time.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for providing exemplary pre-sales support to the sales team focusing on territory and enterprise accounts. The Senior Sales Engineer will assist in driving new business from prospective and existing customer accounts within their respective assigned territory, and meeting and/or exceeding all sales quotas to achieve revenue goals. This position will organize, plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the technical pre-sales engagement for prospective.
· Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, product demonstrations, consistent communication, and on-going technical consultation.
· Act as a business resource to the customer and provide "industry expert" executive level selling practices
· Proactively Drive Strategic and Enterprise account opportunities within key territory accounts.
· Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within their target accounts including relationship and business development activities.
· Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, the Sales Engineer (SE) to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their pre-sales customers
· Take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our pre-sales customers to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone
· Support the regional Sales Organization to ensure timely and successful closing of sales to potential customers.
· Liaison between customers and Product Management to communicate relevant feedback and customer requirements.
· Assist in planning and conducting mid/high-level meetings with customers and prospects.
· Ability to quickly learn, apply, and position technical knowledge related to company and competitor offerings.
· Help shape the future of the Silver Tail Systems platform by leveraging field experience with development priorities
· Participates in trade shows, seminars and other industry events.
· Bachelors degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
· Fraud detection and analysis experience
· At least five years of experience as a field systems engineer software industry
· Excellent knowledge of general networking concepts, Linux
· Strong understanding of web based applications
· Good understanding of statistical modeling concepts
· Confident in front of customers and audiences
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
· Demonstrated capability to handle Proof Of Concept and solution demonstrations.
Education:BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Canada
View similar jobs:
CIB - F&BM - Commodities
J.P. Morgan - AB, Alberta
Software Development Engineer - Transportation Technologies
Amazon - Canada
Locate this job: