Supv/Group Leader-SW Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Beijing
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Supv/Group Leader-SW Engineer
Location(s) China - Beijing
Functional Area(s) Engineering - Software
Requisition ID 97314BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">EMCs Unified Storage Division USD is one of EMCs fastest growing Business Units. Its new, award winning entry VNXe and midrange VNX storage solutions have taken the market by storm, garnering over 20 industry awards and have bolstered EMCs Number 1 position in mid tier storage according to IDC. They offer record breaking simplicity, efficiency and performance for virtualized application environments including those from Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, and Citrix. Join the talented, worldwide resources dedicated to delivering the industrys most innovative mid tier storage solutions. We offer a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork and rewards results.
Job Description Manages engineers performing multiple and varied engineering tasks and specialties. Responsible for developing work plans, establishing technical objectives and assigning tasks. Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures that technical and functional objectives are met. Identifies and recommends changes to established practices and policies. Regularly interacts with supervisors, peer managers, and employees within and beyond a particular function. Requires in-depth technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility. Often plays a proactive role in developing and applying new approaches to engineering design and development. Authorizes the resources necessary to achieve organizational goals. Participates in and is accountable for cross functional initiatives and collaboration, which may have significant impact on business results.
* Responsible for establishing cooperation among the members of an engineering project team or section, presenting technical information relating to specific tasks or projects, and communicating schedules and timelines.
* Administers established practices and policies, may identify enhancements or modifications to existing operating procedures
* Typically supervises a small group with similar technical or functional responsibility
* May be involved in managerial and HR processes and actions
* Requires technical and operational knowledge within area of responsibility and may perform the same duties as subordinate employees
* Assigns tasks, reviews work and may contribute to employee performance appraisals
* Assists in ensuring projects are delivered and completed on-time and within budget
* Implements tasks as assigned, assignments are given in the form of objectives and goals that are well defined
Technical Skill Set
* Solid linux/windows kernel development experience
* Development experience in the OS kernel’s memory management is mostly desired
* Solid object-oriented development experience in C++
* Experience with caching concepts (e.g. coherency, write thru vs write back, page management, etc)
* High Availability experience (redundancy)
Soft Skill Set
* Strong hands-on coding experience and really enjoy coding
* High intelligence and good communication skills
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in China
View similar jobs:
CIB - Junior Financial Analyst - Analyst
J.P. Morgan - China
CIB - Communications Associate - Associate
J.P. Morgan - China
IT Risk Intern - Beijing
J.P. Morgan Chase - China
Locate this job: