SW Quality Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Shanghai
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title SW Quality Engineer
Location(s) China - Shanghai
Functional Area(s) Technical Support
Requisition ID 100405BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
Global Product Operations is a 2600 person, globally diverse organization comprising of manufacturing,logistics,hardware development,and global supply chain operations. We pride ourselves on global inclusion, operational excellence, world class execution and process innovation. We provide world class business solutions and services that create a competitive advantage for our internal and external partners. Our facilities span three Manufacturing plants, three Centers of Excellence,and 11 Logistics Centers across the globe.
The GPO Organization offers a wide range of opportunities for technicians, engineers, program managers, analysts and planners, among others. GPO offers a fast paced, challenging, and rewarding environment that encourages personal and professional growth, fosters teamwork, and rewards results.
Job Description Conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Typically responsible for tests, methods, and procedures to ensure continuous improvement to software quality assurance and serviceability standards. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved. Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Performs development and execution of software quality methods and processes. Implements and defines testing methodology and standards to improve results. Responsible for testing systems and applications software. After testing provides feedback to developers on potential changes. Works independently with other engineering functions from design through production to design, develop, and implement procedures for testing systems and equipment. Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures are in compliance with industry specific standards.
* Provides solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Use tools appropriately with technical guidance and complete tasks and assignments under normal supervision
* Ability to read a specification (hardware, software or network) and develop appropriate test methodology.
* Proficiency in the design, implementation, and maintenance of a test environment, including necessary equipment, configuration, and software. General knowledge of at least one mainstream language, (preferred proficiency in C, C++, or JAVA). Familiarity with scripting language, Perl or Shell Scripting in open systems and JCL in mainframe environment.
* Seeks assistance when needed, demonstrates self-initiative. Sphere of influence primarily limited to immediate work group.
* Follows standard engineering/test practices, uses judgment within defined practices and procedures. Implements work-plans and schedules as assigned.
* Ability to learn and apply new tools and applications. Full use and application of standard engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
* Executes test cases and testing methodology for manual and/or automated tests.
* Understands and adheres to cost/delivery/quality targets established during regression and testing phase
* Software development expertise from a coding perspective. This is required for building test automation. Contribute to test automation activities through knowledge of coding/programming in current languages.
* Communication skills.
* Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
* Problem solving skills.
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
"> ">The EMC China Center of Excellence (COE) was founded in July 2006. It has grown quickly with locations in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu. Its key objectives are to provide advanced software and hardware development and quality assurance for EMC business operations, as well as to supply world-class products and services for customers worldwide. Since its foundation inception, the EMC China COE has been positioned as the source of innovation for EMC's information infrastructure. It consists of six functions; the EMC Storage Technology R&D Hub, Cloud Computing R&D Hub, Information Management R&D Hub, EMC Labs China, Global Solution Center and Global Technical Services Center. Joining EMC, you are joining one of the fastest growing leading IT company. Joining EMC China center of excellence, you are joining one of the fastest growth centers of EMC. EMC offers you tremendous opportunities to grow your career, work with global talents in passion and be a part of the Cloud/Big Data innovation. To know more details on EMC China COE, please visit http://china.emc.com/microsites/wheretalentlives/
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Shanghai
View similar jobs:
Innovation Chef-Hot pot
Ben and Jerry's - Shanghai
Visa - Shanghai
MD Office Operation Specialist
SAP - Shanghai
Locate this job: