Tech Support Engineer II Job Listing at EMC in Cork
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Tech Support Engineer II
Location(s) Ireland - Cork
Functional Area(s) Technical Support
Requisition ID 103279BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
"> ">The Isilon Storage Division of EMC is the global leader in scale-out storage. We engineered the complexity out of the system to offer customers a storage platform that's simple to install, manage and scale. Powered by our OneFS? operating system, our platform combines a robust suite of management applications and enterprise-class hardware to deliver meaningful and sustainable productivity enhancements. Our three product lines provide a broad range of options to address enterprise storage needs. Our software applications provide enterprise-grade storage management, protection, and distribution capabilities. Work with enterprise customers using award winning, bleeding edge scale-out NAS (multi-petabyte storage arrays with massive throughput and processing capabilities!) in a diverse range of applications like animation/movie production, design verification, gene sequencing, high performance computing, and quantitative finance. You'll be working with a team of smart, passionate, and driven people in a high paced and constantly changing environment.
Job Description Regularly provides technical support expertise in a complex information infrastructure environment with the need to integrate EMC products and systems with other EMC and non-EMC computer systems being operated by customers. Ability to convey sophisticated ongoing technical system support is critical to, and an essential component of, both EMC's business operations and the business operations of EMC customers. Applies technical support expertise to independently diagnose and resolve complex customer issues involving unique systems and environments and unique operational issues. Customer requests may be received by Support Centers through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Customers, Partners, internal and field EMC employees, Chat and Web support calls. Accepts escalated requests from other technical team members; makes independent decisions to determine service level severity and assess when and how to escalate to other resources. Works with cross functional teams in resolving customer issues; identifies and provides resolutions to a diverse range of technical problems. Acts as a remote customer advocate and provides problem determination to resolve customer issues. Identifies and documents with management to proactively revise current procedures and tools to improve customer satisfaction. Helps develop and participates in training and skills development of others
* Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware or software systems functionality
* Applies technical knowledge to analyze and use highly technical troubleshooting tools and content and analytical practices; uses operational and diagnostic procedures to diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex customer environments
* Systematically gathers relevant information and analyzes a broad range of factors while working to diagnose and resolve issues
* Determines which tool(s) to use to resolve issues including running tests and be able to identify when deviation from the available troubleshooting tools and documents is appropriate
* Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment
* Maintains a "closed-loop" communication style that ensures proper and consistent documentation in service request case notes; assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status
* Contributes and develops knowledge-based articles; may perform senior or expert level tasks for assigned products and skills; prepares articles for other TSEs and/or customers regarding technical solutions
* Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors
* Acts as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with field team
* Understands and uses sphere of influence extending outside of the department
* Participating in and possibly leads conference calls with customers Knows their audience and articulate accordingly
* Participates in eServices content creation (self-service) and maintenance such as Chat, Knowledgebase content, Support forums, etc.; regularly submits content to the knowledge database
* Validates technical information and issues early warning and disseminates information as needed
* Interfaces directly with customers at different stages of problem resolution process including understanding issues customers are facing, communicating plans for resolution, explaining developments, and conveying resolution
* Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to more senior resources to resolve more complex issues
* Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers
* As a 24X7X365 organization, shift work, holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities may be required
* Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas
* Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs
* Fluency in French or German preferrable.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
* Customer Service skill.
* Troubleshooting skills.
* Customer focused.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Understanding of EMC's products and their value added to the customer.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Other jobs in Ireland
View similar jobs:
Senior Customer Support Engineer
Aspect Software - Galway
Part Time Sales Assistant, Castlebar
Telefonica - Ireland
Locate this job: