Technical Marketing Engineer Job Listing at EMC in Santa Clara, CA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Technical Marketing Engineer
Location(s) US - California - Santa Clara
Functional Area(s) Product Management
Requisition ID 102735BR
TECHNICAL MARKETING ENGINEER – CORE PRODUCT
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) will represent the Marketing organization on technical marketing aspects of assigned product line(s) throughout the product life cycle. The core product TME is responsible for taking a customer centric view of the Isilon product line providing the link between customers, the field, and Product Management. The core product TME will be involved in working with established and potential business development partners, interoperability testing, and product evangelism. The TME will develop, author, publish and deliver technical product information, application integration, and best practices guides that greatly enhance the ability of field sales and support teams to sell the Isilon clustered storage product line and software applications into targeted market segments. The TME will be responsible for following industry trends, emerging technologies, and exploring new markets for the Isilon products and work with Product Management to develop product requirements, roadmap, and strategy.
This position will report to ------- but will also spend significant time interacting with the Business Development and Marketing organizations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as a technical interface for Product Management Organization with the Field SE's, sales representatives, business development and channel managers.
* Conduct analysis and publish information on configuring, tuning, and optimizing Isilon storage products and software applications.
* Provide expert input on new product development issues by injecting a Customer/User/Field perspective into the process.
* Provide supplemental technical expertise to the aid the Field in planning, installing, and supporting Isilon products. Broad knowledge of storage, servers, switches, applications and topology a must.
* Provide a source for reliable technical information and advice on products. Must work with Product Management to define detailed requirements for current or new product.
* Provide input to Product Management teams on the functionality, quality, usability, supportability of our products.
* Responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of content for technical Pre Sales training on Isilon solutions. Due to the significant experience level of the field, the person must be prepared to answer difficult questions that often will require significant past system level field experience.
* Must be able to create and deliver highly technical presentations to customers and internal personnel.
* Provide technical support to Marketing in developing and implementing marketing programs (e.g.: collateral, events, shows, etc.) and participate in tradeshows by providing technical demonstrations and expertise
* Work with Product Management and the Sales organization to understand and position competitive issues at the device level.
* Participate in customer meetings, conferences, etc., where there is a requirement for technical depth beyond that normally found in BD/Marketing.
* May become the technical focal point within Product Management for assigned high-profile customer technical pre and post-sales issues relating to our products.
Education and Experience:
* BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent experience; MSCS/MSEE desirable.
* Broad, overall systems and software knowledge required with significant enterprise technical depth in: system hardware/software, applications and storage products.
* Strong technical program management and coordination experience required.
* Experience in performance interoperability and benchmarking assessment, planning, and execution.
* Experience in working with 3rd party partners to analyze and research integration opportunities between partners and Isilon Systems.
* Experience in generating various technical documents and reports include best practices guides and whitepapers.
* Strong knowledge of Windows, UNIX, Linux, File Systems, Server virtualization, interfaces, Hadoop, and administration tools.
* Strong writing, PowerPoint, and communication skills required
* Must have the ability to analyze and troubleshoot all levels of a system.
So come join our great team! If you have the drive, experience and passion to help us develop unique technology that will redefine the storage industry, A non-disclosure agreement must be signed prior to an interview.
Isilon Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Forwards OK / Direct Hires Only
Current US Work Authorization Required
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Marketing/Ad/PR jobs in San Jose, CA
View similar jobs:
Talentburst, Inc. - San Jose, CA
Sr. Online Content Specialist
Talentburst, Inc. - Mountain View, CA
Communications and Logistics Contractor
Talentburst, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Locate this job: