Technical Support Engineer III Job Listing at EMC in Cairo
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Technical Support Engineer III
Location(s) Egypt - Cairo
Functional Area(s) Customer Service & Support
Requisition ID 99899BR
Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we're leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you're passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division, you’ll have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world’s information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain—the #1 deduplication storage system—and EMC Avamar— the #1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. Significant investment by EMC in backup and recovery has resulted in a commanding market lead. IDC’s latest report on “purpose built backup appliances” shows EMC with 65% market share—4x our nearest competitor. This is powerful evidence that EMC is the clear market leader that customers are choosing to transform backup and recovery.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market.If you’re looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence – the EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division is for you.
Summary of Position:
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will work directly with global customers and EMC/Data Domain personnel via e-mail, phone, and remote desktop software to provide technical assistance towards the prompt resolution of complex technical problems. To achieve that, TSE’s work in a collaborative 7x24x365 environment leveraging global resources to reduce the time it takes to provide problem resolution. TSEs will support the full line of Data Domain products within the “Backup and Recovery Systems Division” (BRS).
Value to the Organization:
• All TSEs are advocates for product quality; product usability; and the on-going relationship with our customers.
• TSEs identify, create, and reuse knowledge (KBs) that add value to our customers.
• TSEs provide agility to the EMC/BRS organization vis-à-vis the “Integrated Solutions Network (ISN)” model.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Answer live incoming phone calls and respond to e-mails to troubleshoot, manage, collaborate and resolve customer problems related to the Data Domain product family.
• Monitor automated product alert e-mails and act on them.
• Create content for the knowledge base through accurate case documentation.
• Assist customers with the upgrade process.
• Process logistics/parts requests.
• Assist customers with standard backup software integration with Data Domain Products.
• Obtain data from customers to get a thorough understanding of customer requirements and problems.
• Interface with customers via e-mail, phone and/or WebEx.
• Analyze logs and core files as needed to work towards resolution of customer issues.
• Work with 3rd party service providers in the process of analyzing and resolving customer issues.
• Generate problem reports in Bugzilla to coordinate with engineering to obtain quick resolutions for customer related issues.
• Network troubleshooting – tools and use
• Fiber channel knowledge – Switch zone, LUN, and WPN
• Unix/Linux CLI understanding – FS navigation, utilities (cat, grep, less, more, gzip, tar…)
• CIFS and NFS concepts – Active directory, Unix/Linux mount procedures..
• Hardware troubleshooting methodologies and fault isolation techniques
• RAID/FS concepts
Additional Skills Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced skills in analytical and problem solving with attention to detail
• Ability to work as an individual or on a team.
• Ability to create clearly documented bug reports as needed.
• Ability to read and understand technical bug reports.
• Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast paced environment.
• Some project management and negotiation skills.
• Ability to identify root cause of an issue (isolate in source code) and write or assist in writing of RCA documents
When you chose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in Salt Lake City, UT
View similar jobs:
Tech Support Engineer III - Cloud Storage
EMC - Draper, UT
Principal SW Quality Engineer
EMC - Pleasant Grove, UT
Kelly Services - Ogden, UT
Locate this job: