Technology Consultant Job Listing at EMC in West Conshohocken, PA
Computer Hardware, Computer Software
Title Technology Consultant
Location(s) US - Pennsylvania - West Conshohocken
Functional Area(s) Sales
Requisition ID 101259BR
"> ">Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division, you will have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain, the Number 1 deduplication storage system, and EMC Avamar, the Number 1 deduplication software and system. EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest report on a purpose built backup appliances shows EMC with 65 percent market share, 4x our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you are looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence, the EMC Backup Recovery Systems division is for you.
Job Description Provides technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned market. Assists in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration. May assist in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required. Applicable markets: Enterprise, Commercial, Partner, Specialist/Practice
* Assists the Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans. Leverages knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to EMC solutions, and train the account team.
* Executes technical sales calls
* Configures and documents EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
* Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
* Performs a support role in District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
* Presents and markets the design and value of proposed EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and EMC management. Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
* The role may have one of the additional sets of "specialty" responsibilities as required by the hiring manager:
* General understanding of Oracle Database (multiple versions), RAC, Middleware and Oracle Applications.
* Possesses knowledge of products, tools, services, messages and content associated with Oracle solutions
* Solid understanding of replication technologies preferred.
* Two to four years experience as a Microsoft technology consultant, Exchange services consultant, business development manager or systems engineer.
* General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and Exchange consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
* Solution selling experience in a product or services led organization preferred.
* Understanding of Exchange 200x preferred.
* Understanding of replication technologies preferred.
* Understanding of SAP applications, SAP NetWeaver, BASIS administration, and SAP infrastructure (database, operations) support
* Knowledge of products, tools, services, messages and content associated with SAP solutions they are asked to support
SQL & Sharepoint
* Two to four years experience as a Microsoft technology consultant, SQL Server + SharePoint services consultant, business development manager or systems engineer.
* General knowledge/experience of Microsoft Windows and SQL Server + SharePoint consolidations & migrations, messaging industry trends and competitive offerings.
* Solution selling experience in a product or services led org.
* General understanding of MS SQL Server and SharePoint.
* General understanding of replication technologies preferred.
* Experience building mission critical storage architectures and infrastructure that meet or exceed customer requirements
Candidates responsibilities should include involvement with the following activities:
o Technology assessments, evaluations and recommendation
o Project Planning and Budgeting
o Data Center Migration and/or Consolidation
o Capacity Planning & Performance Management
o Change Control and Problem Resolution processes
* Pre-Sales skills with the different vendors disk offerings (HDS, IBM, EMC, STK)
* Knowledge of Replication SW and HW. (RDF, PPRC, XRC, Global Mirror, HUR)
* SSD, Flash, different drive technologies and which workload profiles go with which technology
* Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of IT, from Ops, 1st line mgr, C, D V level mgrs
* General knowledge of MF DASD tools. (RMF, GTF, SMF, etc)
* General knowledge of all SMS, HSM, DFP, DFDSS, ICKDSF products.
* FICON and ESCON knowledge preferred
* I/O Gen process familiarity
* Customer focused on solution
* Performance background preferred
* Prior SE experience at one of the main vendors (STK, IBM, EMC, HDS, Amdahl), a plus
* Ability to fit into the "EMC Effect" culture
* Prior work experience at a Tape Vendor a plus (STK or IBM) 2+ years
* Knowledge of different tape solutions from various vendors (IBM, HDS, STK, EMC, DD, bustech, CA-Vtape, TMM, etc)
* Prior work experience in the tape area preferred
* Understanding of MF backup applications. (DFDSS, FDR, HSM, etc)
* Tape performance and tuning preferred
* Experience with tape replication preferred
* Disaster Recovery knowledge preferred
* Ability to present to all levels of IT from Ops to C, D, V level mgmt (Strong presentation skills)
* Ability to articulate complex Tape solution so customer can understand
* Knowledge of Tape encryption preferred
* Ability to find tape bottlenecks preferred
* Ability to understand tape alternative solutions (pros and cons)
* Previous RFP response knowledge preferred
* Ability to fit into the "EMC Effect" culture
* Detailed product knowledge.
* Communication skills.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Ability to work effectively with senior management.
* Cross-Functional skill.
* Customer focused.
* Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
"> ">When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Business/Mgmt. jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View similar jobs:
New Accounts Administrator
J.P. Morgan - NJ, New Jersey
Business Operations Manager Sr. - Card Services - Business Integration
Chase - DE, Delaware
Group Project Manager Senior / CSD Operations
Chase - DE, Delaware
Locate this job: