Design Engineer Job Listing at Emerson in McKinney, TX (Job ID EPM-00008229)
Job Description Lead New Product Development design team and lead engineering responsibilities for major projects. Provide technical product design support to Operations, Customers, Suppliers, and Sales. Evaluate complex product design change requests. Check and approve complex new drawings and drawing revisions. Perform design calculations, complex FEA, and simple CFD models.
• Product Design Projects
• Develop product designs based on specification provided by marketing. Includes concept development, designs testing and field test coordination.
Develop manufacturing sources, product cost estimates.
Conduct project evaluations, capital approvals.
Coordinate pilot run
Coordinate outside agency approvals.
• Product Start-up Projects
• Coordinate Engineering Documentation
• Assist in new product development and testing as required.
• Product Support
Provide product manufacturing support as assigned
Customer / Agency support
Marketing / publications /product schools
• Provide technical support to other groups as required
• BS Degree in Engineering required, BS in Mechanical Engineering desired.
• 4-6 years of engineering experience required.
• Experience in gas regulator or valve design preferred.
• Ability to travel globally to work with Asian, Latin American, and European engineering staffs.
• Project Management skills / product commercialization skills.
• Good written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas to management teams.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Interpersonal skills to allow one to work with a wide range of people on all levels.
• GDT knowledge and functional experience
• Familiar with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes.
• Experience with Ansys analysis tools and ANSI Y 14.5, preferred
Additional Company Information Emerson Process Management Regulator Technologies, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the design and manufacturing of pressure regulators for the process control industry. We bring technology and engineering together to provide a wide range of manufacturing and processing solutions for Industrial, commercial and consumer markets. Our worldwide headquarters is located near Dallas, in McKinney, TX.
Emerson, our parent company, is one of the world's leading diversified manufacturing and technology companies. Emerson offers a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has more than 135,000 employees and approximately 250 manufacturing locations worldwide. We are a Fortune 100 company and have been in business for more than 100 years.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status.
Smoke free / Drug free environment
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
View similar jobs:
Kraft Foods - Garland, TX
Information Assurance Analyst - MTC
ManTech - Fort Worth, TX
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Aerotek - Lewisville, TX
Locate this job: