Job Description Corporate Information Technology Team - Location: St. Louis, MO (Manufacturing Operations)
Coordinates project planning, tracking, communications and reporting for the Supply Chain Solutions organization. This includes projects to implement Emerson’s eKanban solution (Ultriva) and projects brought forward by Business Solutions Managers (BSM) in the group. Actively tracks active projects, work lists, and metrics as required. Develops Emerson project lifecycle documentation and ensures standards compliance through the life of projects. Position supports manufacturing team - knowledge of Manufacturing operation.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Reviews deliverables prepared by Business Solutions Manager’s before client or business team review.
- Responsible for monitoring project delivery and deployment dates against baselines
- Identify critical issues regarding projects and escalate internally
- Effectively applies our IT Project Life Cycle (ITPLC) methodology and enforces project standards, ensuring project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Prepares for ITPLC project stage gate reviews and assures standards are met.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Proactively assists Ultriva Service Owner in defining direction for future projects
- Proactively researches and locates the necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintain high service level for the user community
- Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure, such as evaluation of new software required to meet a business need or to make a process more cost effective
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related area required
- Fluent in English
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- 2-3 years of related experience in IT including managing project(s) in a manufacturing environment
- Project Management experience required. Certification preferred.
- Ability to coordinate projects consisting of customers, vendors, and peer organizations through informal reporting relationships required.
- Knowledge and Experience with discrete manufacturing operations / plant operations along with Supply Chain functions greatly preferred.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Exchange/Outlook and Windows Office products is required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation, excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills are required.
- Previous project management experience in a high paced multiple priority environment is required .
- Experience in Manufacturing Operations required for this role.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status Additional Company Information
A career with Emerson provides an excellent benefits package which includes the following benefits: medical, prescription drug and dental plans; 401k with company match; company sponsored pension plan employee discounts; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans, onsite wellness program .