Locate this job
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage and analyze power generation market information to support the selling of plant control systems to power plants. The purpose of the market analysis shall be to define and develop target market segments, to perform industry and customer analysis, and to increase sales effectiveness through improved market knowledge and opportunity identification. Responsibilities include:
• Creating and maintaining an extensive, master relational database of existing North American power plants, including for each power plant: information on plant characteristics, plant equipment, installed control systems, OEM long term service agreements, controls supplier preferences, plant contact information and possibly also plant operational data. Over the longer term, expand this into a global database.
• Coordinating and consolidating internally-provided power market information from the sales force, market research programs, and/or from internal installed base resources (SMS, Datapoint), as necessary to support the master relational database.
• Managing PWS subscriptions to 3rd party power market databases and information services, including Platts UDI, Industrial Info Resources (IIR), Ventyx, and McIlvaine. Identifying gaps in PWS power market information and working with the EPM Information Center to monitor and assess publicly available resources to fill these gaps.
• Providing on-demand requests from management and/or sales and marketing personnel for power market analysis as necessary to support market segmentation, sales coverage needs assessment, customer targeting, lead generation efforts, installed base analysis, industry trend tracking, etc.
• Working with in-house and/or 3rd parties to develop and execute market research programs, as needed in support of ongoing marketing initiatives and/or to strengthen master database.• Ensuring appropriate and timely dissemination and/or accessibility of power market information to relevant PWS management, sales and marketing personnel. Job Requirements
• Business or technical 4-year college degree is required.
• 3 or more years work experience in a business or technical environment.
• Experience in market research and/or data mining, aggregation, analysis, reporting and management is preferred.
• Advanced, working knowledge of relational databases and database management systems is required.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills required. Must be attentive to details.
• Good interpersonal skills for interacting with remotely located sales and marketing personnel.• Self-managing capabilities to take ownership of assigned responsibilities and contribute ideas in support of defined objectives.
Apply on company website