DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING Job Listing at Enchantment Resort in Sedona, AZ (Job ID enchantmentresort-217529)
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Location: Sedona, AZ
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000 DOE
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, 401K
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: Over all responsibility for entire facility relating to maintenance and engineering . Performs, manages or supervises engineering operations for exterior and interior facilities including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating, cooling, structural, waste treatment plant, vehicle and other engineering work necessary to maintain the property in an optimum and efficient condition. Also, ensures the safety and comfort of the guests and employees.
Duties: 1. Oversee the entire facility for maintenance and engineering.
2. Maintain all utility systems, i.e. electrical, gas, water, sewer, T.V., television.
3. Maintain and operate air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems.
3. Maintain structures, furniture, fixtures and installed equipment.
4. Select vendors and contractors that meet quality standards and pricing specifications.
5. Monitor and coordinate the services performed by outside contractors in accordance to all contracts,
leases, service agreements and warranties.
6. Assist in the preparation of capital expenditures and maintenance budgets and control expenses.
7. Ensure timely response to requests for service by guests, employees and management.
8. Schedule all projects with minimum inconvenience to guests and employees.
9. Plan, implement, and administer an effective preventive engineering program for property equipment and vehicles in accordance with good engineering practices.
10. Ability to work effectively with employees and assign the most qualified person for the job.
11. Plan, implement and administer an energy management program.
12. Maintain appropriate equipment operating logs and utility consumption records.
13. Educate other operating departments in energy management.
14. Analyze and modify operation of primary energy conversion equipment to conserve energy.
15. Overall authority to purchase replacement or repair materials to maintain buildings, equipment and vehicles.
16. Oversee purchase orders for entire department.
17. Install equipment and replacement recommendations for worn out or model equipment and vehicles.
18. Maintain a clean and orderly work area free of hazards.
19. Maintain inventory of parts, tools and supplies.
20. Responsible for the training of all staff in department to ensure service standards and resort policies are met.
21. Assist in safety related training for other departments as necessary.
22. Responsible for staffing levels, scheduling, evaluating and disciplining departmental team members as required.
23. Hold monthly department meetings to review resort events, departmental policies and procedures and maintain high level of moral.
24. Responsible for security and distribution of all master keys used and maintained by engineering staff.
25. Coordinate emergency, fire and flood programs with the appropriate departments and outside entities.
26. Conduct ongoing inspection of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance OSHA and fire laws.
27. Recommend and/or take action to ensure compliance of the laws.
28. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to maintain a high level of guest service at all times in all guest services areas. Uphold the resort commitment to hospitality. Work closely with all departments to ensure guest service levels are being met. Deal effectively with all departments with regular communication.
Bachelor�s degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience and/or training. Formal training in the following: refrigeration, plumbing, air conditioning, building and construction. Prefer 5+ years� prior supervisory skills and work experience as Assistant or Director of Engineering and mechanical trades with hotel/resort, hospitals or large buildings. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Strong guest and team member relations skills.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Engineering jobs in USA
View similar jobs:
The Judge Group - USA
The Judge Group - USA
The Judge Group - USA
Locate this job: