Apply on Company Website
Egencia Canada is seeking a Bilingual Corporate Travel Consultant to assist clients with planning all details of travel, including arranging and/or booking air, rail, hotel, car, and/or limousine reservations for corporate bookings.
This role will be a virtual opportunity (work-from-home) based either in the US or Canada with a start date of November 25th, 2013. Shift will be anywhere between 11:30AM-8:00PM ET. General Responsibilities:
- Adhering to company service guidelines, promote and sell corporate-contracts and preferred suppliers.
- Consistently provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Promote and maintain excellent client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response, positive telephone, and service techniques.
- Effectively use all computer systems and tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures.
- Research and solve problems related to reservations.
- Use proper documentation for each call or email; and provide priority wait-listing, preferred seat selection, and upgrade management, as needed.
- Make recommendations to clients, e.g., efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates, and travel products and services.
- serve as a customer liaison between Client Corporation and contracted and preferred suppliers.
- Additional responsibilities may include, customer service issue follow-up and resolution, visa and/or passport processing, voids, refunds, exchanges, and split ticketing.
- 3+ years experience in the travel industry.
- Fluency in French, both written and spoken.
- Experience servicing international customers, with emphasis on booking practices and theory, either in a travel office or call center.
- Experience with Sabre.
- Understanding of client travel policy, and Egencia Corporate policy and procedures to advise and encourage policy compliance.
- Ability to read, define and apply International tariff, fare rules, taxes, and hub utilization; and explicit knowledge and application of International airline contracts.
- Ability to assist in all aspects of arranging and booking travel, e.g., air, rail, hotel, car, and alternate ground transportation; and a strong aptitude and/or understanding of booking highly-complex multiple-leg international itineraries.
- Verify rates for best fares, corporate and preferred discounts, and appropriate documentation.
- First call resolution.
- Ability to work autonomously, independently, and utilize creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong sense of urgency while maintaining exemplary detail accuracy under pressure.
- Strong technical skills and ability to assist and teach customers about online booking tool.
- Ability to maintain vendor relations with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well in a structured team environment.
- Capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking, and handling high volume effectively.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated highly professional attitude and personal presentation in all verbal and written communications.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
- TICO certification an asset.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
Date posted: 10/23/2013