Sr. Software Development Engineer (Java) Job Listing at Expedia in Bellevue, WA (Job ID 26578)
Are you a passionate, highly motivated and talented Senior Software Development Engineer? Then the Package and Discovery Services (PDS) Team at Expedia is looking for you!
We own functionality that allows users to search, discover, and explore vacation packages combining Expedia's vast set of inventory to bring the best inventory in front of the customer with savings only available when purchasing multiple items together. Our services strive to go beyond a simple search and allow customers to discover vacation experiences they may not have thought about on their own! Our server applications are designed to handle millions of transactions a day and run in a real-time 24x7 environment, making robustness, scalability, and reliability crucial.
As an SDE on the PDS team, you will work closely with Test and PM and get an opportunity to influence early design decisions. You will be part of an engineering group working on our pricing and selection algorithms for our Packages product, and will need to solve a wide spectrum of technical challenges to support high performance and scalable middle-tier SOA services. Bring your creativity, break-it mentality, strong communication skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in on-line travel.
• Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable SOA services
• Translate functional specifications and large work items into logical, component-based technical designs.
• Work with Program Managers, Test Engineers and Operations to design, develop, test and deploy world-class software
• Resolve defects in your own and other's code -- hold others to a high quality and performance bar.
• Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems.
• Help mentor and grow junior developers on the project and across PDS.
• Have a passion around bringing innovative ideas and functionality into the Package product at Expedia.
• Contribute to advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices across PDS.
• Experience developing end-to-end production quality code in a professional software engineering role.
• Minimum of 8 years of software development experience required.
• Experience with SOA Web Services or workflow engines required.
• Experience developing server-side applications in Java on Linux platforms.
• Experience working with transactional and non-transactional databases.
• A BA/BS degree in Computer Science of related technical discipline is preferred.
• A strong drive to learn new internet technologies.
• A passion for building great software in a team-based environment.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit company website to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. PDSTeam
Date posted: 10/22/2013
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Seattle, WA
View similar jobs:
Robert Half Technology - Seattle, WA
Chase - Seattle, WA
Technical Audio Lead
Electronic Arts - Seattle, WA
Locate this job: