Apply on Company Website
Description General Summary:
Assists in growth of Family Dollar through acquiring, developing and leasing property for new Family Dollar stores. Principal Duties Responsibilities:
- Achieve a minimum number of site approvals and store openings annually in assigned territory.
- Coordinate with other departments to complete deals. Requires working closely with construction, legal, store planning, finance and transportation.
- Secure support of operations (District Managers and Regional Vice Presidents) through communication, site reviews, education on site specifications, demographics, etc.
- Serve as the point person on deals (e.g. with landlord, legal, etc.) identifying and dealing with potential obstructions. See deal through from site approval to opening.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a number of parties (e.g. brokers, landlords, shopping center management companies, government officials, consultants, etc.).
- Develop knowledge of real estate market dynamics, major key individuals, market trends, opportunities, etc.
Qualifications Minimum Requirements: Education:
College degree: BA, BS in related field preferred Experience:
Minimum 3 years professional real estate experience, preferably with a corporate retailer and/or broker focused on retail clients. Experience in free-standing development and negotiating retail leases are required. Proven negotiation skills. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required. Working Conditions:
Regular working hours, usually day time working, approximately 55 hours/week. Position requires minimum 50% travel within region.