Director of Technical Operations Job Listing at FCA Healthcare in MA (Job ID fcahealthcare-3651)
Hospital / Healthcare
Director of Technical Operations
Job Order Number: 4230B-557466
# of openings: 1
Pharmaceutical company located in theGreater Boston, Massachusetts area is seeking an experience IT professional for a Director of Technical Operations position. This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Data Center management for Outcome including managing a team of Systems Administrators and Database Engineers responsible for supporting the company's hosted/SaaS healthcare web application solutions, service delivery, change control, cost management, project management, definitions and updating of standards, strategy, and architecture of Production environments. The position will manage the operations of our 24x7 hosted/SaaS operations and be responsible for ensuring system uptime, data integrity and reliability. They will oversee and actively manage all operational aspects of company production hosted/SaaS environments including but not limited to networks, servers, storage, databases, application servers, web servers, tape backup, disaster recovery, and other infrastructure components. They will be responsible for managing the technology infrastructure planning and deployment of hardware, software, data networks, asset management, security, and servers needed for the production environment.
• Daily operational responsibility for 24x7 production hosted/SaaS environments to ensure 99.5% uptime of all systems
• Provide operational direction for the planning, prioritization, design, implementation and maintenance of all hosted/SaaS applications/systems as well as supporting engineering systems
• Hands on management as well as planning for applications to include RHEL, Oracle RDBMS, J2EE Servers (Tomcat JBOSS or other), LANDesk Management Suite, monitoring tools, and other tools needed to maintain the production environment.
• Lead and manage the change management processes and oversight within the production organization.
• Lead department operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of resources.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of hosting/SaaS systems, including networks, data centers, servers, operating systems, and associated hardware of the production environment.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for hosting/SaaS spending and initiatives.
• Monitor and manage the ongoing health of all systems in accordance with corporate standards
• Coordinate, train and guide knowledge transfer across Production Services team
• Responsible for personal development, performance evaluations, resource allocations and assignment for Production Services team
• Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision for the Production environment.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, 21 CRF Part 11, FDA, etc.
• Lead and facilitate data collection and reports for client audits
• Manage vendors and work with the vendors to ensure proper service delivery.
• Management of security and integrity controls
• Ensure the implementation of physical and electronic redundancy safe guards for the databases and related application systems
• Contribute to the development of corporate standard operating procedures and working practices. Comply with all existing Review Work Orders to ensure Production time is correctly accounted for in estimates
• Work with Release Engineering to ensure effective, efficient and reliable deployment of software and databases to the Production environment.
• 10+ years of IT industry work experience with a focus in hosting/SaaS Environments
• 5+ years experience managing technical teams, with experience hiring, developing and retaining talent
• Solid hands on experience in the following technologies: RHEL Linux, Oracle RDBMS, EMC Storage, Java Application servers, load balancers, and Cisco network equipment (routers, switches, and firewall's)
• Extensive knowledge of scripting languages, including perl, bash, etc
• Proven experience in infrastructure planning and development.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Solid project management skills in cross functional organizations and project teams
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree; MS or equivalent experience preferred
• Proven ability to supervise day to day operations while thinking strategically to achieve corporate goals
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve and prioritize
• Must have strong communication (both verbal and written), managerial, interpersonal and client service skills
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Software Dev. - General/IT jobs in Massachusetts Non-Metro
View similar jobs:
Associate TechField Tech Svs
CVS Caremark - Work From Home, MA
Robert Half Technology - South Shore, MA
Network Firmware Engineer
Intel Corporation - MA
Locate this job: