Medical Assistant Job Listing at FCA Healthcare in GA
Hospital / Healthcare
Job Order Number: 4230-0001-13
# of openings: 7
Working under supervision of various providers in an outpatient setting, provides basic and routine assistance with patient care delivery within the medical assistant scope of practice and required certifications in accordance with office policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Welcomes patients
· Prepares patients for health care visit
· Places patient in exam room for provider evaluation.
· Obtains medical history.
· Verifies patient information
· Prepares, assists and accurately completes all forms
· Supports patient care delivery
· Assists providers during examination and treatment
· Takes vital signs and performs all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state
· Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the treating provider which may be a physician, NP, or PA (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) and as certified.
· Dispenses medications and appliances within scope of practice and as ordered by the treating provider
and in accordance with state regulations.
· Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating provider.
· Educates patients
· Completes records
· Keeps supplies ready
· Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks rooms with required supplies
· Keeps equipment operating
· Operates autoclave machine in accordance with policy and procedures and complies with all regulatory
· Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance
with current policy and procedures.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment
· Conducts business in a service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, sensitive, respectful and
kind with dealing with patients, visitors, the public and all colleagues
· Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance in the lobby and overall center throughout
· Performs drug screen collections for both DOT and Non-DOT drug screens, using proper chain of
custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
· Performs front office clerical duties such as answering telephones, check-in, check-out and record
processing as requested by Center Administrator.
· Attends centers staff meetings as required.
· Completes required certifications; becomes proficient in clinic systems and procedures, and maintains
currency in all policies, practices and procedures.
· May assist with clerical activities related to appointment scheduling and patient intake , data
verification, office communications, and filing of patient records.
· May take X-Rays with appropriate certification and/or licensing.
· Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
High school graduate or GED with training as a medical assistant or military medical specialist with a minimum of 12 months directly applicable work experience and current MA credentials in state employed according to state requirements and applicable regulations.
1 year continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship.
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
· Attention to detail
· Customer Service skills
· Problem solving skills
· Basic knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology.
· Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
· Documentation skills
· Basic procedural skills such as blood draws, EKG/PFT testing
· Ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings
· Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
· Effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues.
· Ability to use tack and diplomacy appropriate to situation.
· Ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Qualified professionals should apply online atwww.fcahealthcare.com. Due to volume, only those of interest will be contacted on a confidential basis. PLEASE NO CALLS. No verbal acknowledgment of receipt will be issued.
Apply on Company Website
Get alerts for jobs like this:
Get jobs like this tweeted to you:Healthcare jobs in Dublin, GA
View similar jobs:
Occupational Therapy Jobs in Macon, GA
Soliant Health - Macon, GA
SLP-CCC (Speech Language Pathology) Job in South Georgia
Soliant Health - Hazlehurst, GA
Critical Care RN Travel Job in Central GA
Soliant Health - Macon, GA
Locate this job: