Apply on Company Website
Fidelitys Active Trader Product Technology team within the Personal Investments (PI)Technology organization is looking for a dynamic individual who craves a team centric approach to collaboratively developing great technology for our most valued customers. The team is looking to grow its considerable global development team with a Chief Architect to define drive the Active Trader technical strategy and implementation of the next generation of the Active Trader Pro products. This role requires extensive knowledge and experience with Microsofts leading client side .NET technologies WPF and Silverlight, ideally with financial industry exposure.
If building industry leading applications with the best user experience and performance in a very competitive market is exciting to you, look no further.
- In tight collaboration with, and leadership from, the PI Business team, create, develop and communicate the PI Active Trader business strategy.
- Define, develop and communicate an architectural strategy that solves for the above business strategy.
- Define, develop and communicate a technical implementation of that architectural strategy. That technical implementation will cross-cut all aspects of the Active Trader desktop, thin client and mobile product space, including but not limited to:
- Frameworks, Tools and techniques for Active Trader application development covering PC and Mac environments as well as the iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows mobile devices
- Frameworks, Tools and techniques for Mobile Web development across the broader smartphone, tablet and desktop space.
- Define and Develop an innovative development environment for the execution of that technical implementation
- Provide technical mentorship to development team
- Define, develop and execute a Research and Development plan that seeks to anticipate, and ideally drive, business future need.
- Ensures effective use of technology vendors, both internal and offshore and internal Fidelity technology business partners.
- Ensures contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability
- Ensures all customer/client needs are met and/or issues are resolved.
- Understands and anticipates business development partner needs and recommends technology solutions
- Provides technical direction, set vision and goals for the team
- Thorough understanding of application security both in theory and in practice.
- Champions innovative technology solutions to resolve complex business problems
- Strong Industry connections and a keen sense of the leading edge developments in the Microsoft technology and broader Mobile Technology spaces.
- Provides strategic solutions for "productionalizing" applications and content management platforms (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Consults on maintenance, stability and adherence to standards on a major technology application or critical system
- Works with business and systems partners to define and communicate the architectural models developed allowing the development of a clear understanding amongst the business partners of the capabilities expressed in our content systems
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or related field) and a minimum of 15 years of experience in Software Development.
- Deep experience delivering to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading a large team of senior and junior software engineers
- In-depth Microsoft technical skills across
- Silverlight and WPF
- Azure Cloud environment
- Solid knowledge of web and mobile delivery platforms including but not limited to:
- iOS Development
- Android Development
- Mainstream and Responsive Web development
Skills and Knowledge
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.