Apply on Company Website
Description Position Overview As part of the Solution Delivery organization, the Business Analysis Consultant is responsible for delivering quality products to customers by understanding product strategy and customer needs, supporting business cases, developing business requirements, and supporting product development and deployment. The Business Analysis Consultant serves as the business knowledge lead and key advisor for the requirements process on complex projects within the business unit. Additionally, the Business Analysis Consultant provides ongoing support for the development of technical solutions that meet business needs .
Work may include Service Model documentation as well as analysis of financial data for trends, issues, etc. and the design and development of spreadsheets and databases that gather, store, and report analytical data to support a variety of delivery process and measurement initiatives. Primary Responsibilities
- Responsible for all Business Analysis phases and may oversee all remaining phases of a project.
- Provides leadership through the expert understanding of the project life cycle and business needs.
- Monitors and resolves or escalates project interdependencies, both internal and external to the business unit; provides insight and input on project plan management and monitors progress against plan.
- May establish, manage, and own the end-to-end project plan for small development projects including; Project Planning/Tracking; Status Reporting; Issue Management/Escalation/Resolution; Change Control; Quality Control; Risk Management; Financial Management; and Resource Management.
- Participates in and/or is responsible for the creation of all applicable Project Life Cycle deliverables including: Project Charter (Project Planning Initiation-PPI),Business Requirements Document (BRD/ARL),Business Case, including Cost Benefit Analysis (if applicable),Service Model,User Acceptance.
- Participates in the review of: Systems Prospectus (Systems Requirements Analysis-SRA),Systems Delivery Spec (SDS),User Procedure Documents (UPD),Training Documents.
- Establishes and implements project plans for Business Analysis activities across multiple large and moderately complex projects.
- Works closely with project manager to determine project task estimates, deadlines, and deliverables, simultaneously working on several projects.
- May manage a small-to-medium-sized group of professionals directly or matrix managed through other business units while leading projects; provides supervision to business analysts in their analysis tasks by providing input as well as structuring deliverables.
Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience in translating business requirements to technical resources (internal and external) in
- supporting the project - strong documentation skills.
- Experience in developing team members on effective use of Project Life Cycle methods.
- Extensive knowledge of business functions and the application of information systems solutions to business problems.
- 7-10 years work experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Business Analysis certification (CBAP) a plus.
About Fidelity Investments
- Excellent communication skills and analytical ability.
- Strong judgment and project consulting skills.
- Strong project leadership and decision-making skills.
- Relationship Management - leads cross-company teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operation/process issues/improvements to accomplish business objectives.
- Strong knowledge of the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Methodology.
- Knowledge of client services and business functions.
- Understanding of analysis and project life cycle methodologies (data flow diagrams, case tool analysis, work process flow diagrams, FSDM, RAD).
- Working knowledge of business process to be able to effectively drive solutions as experienced in large corporate environments.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.