Apply on Company Website
Description Position Description
The Consultant position is withinFidelity's Professional Services Group and is part ofthe Health and Welfare team within Benefits Consulting. The Fidelity Benefits Consulting Group is comprised of over 230 professionals who advise clients on the management of their domestic benefits. We are a fast growing business within Fidelity, providing a broad range of services that touch on every area of benefits design, strategy, funding, communication and delivery. Most of our team comes from other leading consulting firms and universities. While we focus on working with the Fortune 1000, we also work with Fidelity clients of all sizes. The Consultant supports HW Benefits Consulting projects, coaches other associates and promotes team work within the practice, group and region. Primary Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other consultants to understand and meet client needs.
- Manage collection of renewals and play central role in the analysis, negotiations and client delivery of results.
- Develop health and welfare program pricing, budgets, employee contributions and premium equivalent rates for self-insured plans.
- Perform key steps in the negotiation of rates, contractual provisions and performance guarantees with current benefit vendors.
- Perform marketing analysis including RFP tool creation, proposal collection, and vendor comparisons; Assist with vendor selection, performance criteria, pricing negotiations, contractual provisions and performance guarantees; Assist with the management of new vendors and exiting vendors during implementation process.
- Maintain and apply knowledge regarding the major health plans, administrators and other vendors available in the marketplace to consulting clients and prospects.
- Manage and lead projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met. Lead internal and external status meetings for projects.
- Work on health improvement strategy projects, including vendor assessments and measurement.
- Communicate with the team when project timing and scope are not in line with original expectations. Keep client informed of budget and project issues.
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services to client.
- Communicate regularly with the project team, client and business partners.
- Create letters, presentations, proposals, charts and oversee spreadsheets.
- Participate as a cooperative, proactive team member in projects involving other associates throughout the practice, group and region.
- Coach less experienced associates at every opportunity.
- Accept coaching and other development feedback from associates within and outside the practice.
- Share information freely and pro-actively. Keep other associates apprised of current information, and ensure all relevant information is captured in client files.
- Manage collection and preparation of data necessary to analyze benefit programs. Provide assistance to more senior consultants in analysis of benefit programs.
- Ensure organized storage of client documentation (e.g., SPDs, contracts, employee communication)
Qualifications Education and Experience
- 4 - 8 years of experience in benefit plan design, funding and/or strategy. Background may encompass either consulting, plan sponsors or vendor organizations.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Actuarial credentials are welcome but not required.
- Must have demonstrated competencies and experience in the following areas:
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Project management
- Managing contractual provisions, including scope control and managing projects through to conclusion
- Pro-actively teaching and mentoring others
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage projects with tight deadlines
- Willingness to "own" tasks (i.e., do whatever is necessary to complete tasks)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office PC skills in Excel and Word
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer