Apply on Company Website
Description Fidelity Investments is seeking an attorney to join the corporate legal team within its in-house legal department. This team works on a full range of corporate governance, finance, compensation, transactional and securities matters for Fidelity companies. Primary responsibilities
- Provide general business counsel and corporate governance and securities expertise to the parent company and to subsidiaries operating in a broad range of industries.
- Representative matters include: supporting various board and management activities, internal and external equity and debt offerings, acquisitions, dispositions, commercial transactions and regulatory interactions.
- You will be asked to draft and oversee the production of offering materials for internal and external securities offerings and corporate records for Fidelity companies.
Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- J.D. required.
- Excellent academic record.
- Minimum of three-five years of experience in corporate law with a leading law firm.
- Significant governance, securities and corporate finance experience required. Compensation experience is a plus.
- Exceptional judgment and range. A successful candidate will excel at quickly analyzing complex legal and business issues in a wide variety of substantive areas.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed. A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently, under pressure, with varying degrees of supervision, and manage projects with competing deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Must thrive in a team environment.
- Outstanding analytical, advocacy, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to advise and influence senior executives and professionals from diverse businesses.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences.
Fidelity Investments is one of the worlds largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.