Apply on Company Website
Fidelitys Personal Investing Mobile team is looking for an energetic and determined leader with a personal interest in the growing Mobile space. The Personal Investments Mobile team develops iOS, Android and HTML5 apps in support of Fidelitys Peronal Investing business. These apps are available for the iPhone, iPad and Android platforms.
As the Director of PI Mobile Development, you will work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse set of business and systems stakeholders. The role has two primary responsibilities:
To lead the team of mobile developers to create flexible, reusable, high quality components and apps to support our Mobile Strategy. There are currently 9 direct reports in the US and 16 indirects in our China office.
To work closely with the PI Business team and PI Architecture to help define, articulate and implement the Mobile Strategy.
The successful individual must demonstrate strong leadership and outstanding communications skills.
- Continue to move our highly engaged development team forward with a focus on timely solutions with amazing quality.
- Create a Test Driven Development approach within the team.
- Partner with PI Architecture to develop and support the implementation of the PI Mobile architectural strategy.
- Ensure effective use of technology vendors, both internal and external.
- Ensure contingency activities are covered related to system/application availability
- Ensure all customer/client needs are met and/or issues are resolved or addressed.
- Understand and anticipate business development partner needs and recommend technology solutions.
- Oversee the technical aspects of maintenance, stability and adherence to standards on a all aspects of our mobile apps.
- Demonstrate deep expertise in coding concepts and/or languages Focus on iOS (ObjectiveC) and Android (Java) as well as C++
- Evaluate program modules for performance scalability and openness of design
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced developers
- Review and/or certify code of others
- Ensure software developed meets all secure code and penetration test standards
- Predict application development requirements based on changes in underlying architecture
- Develop programming guidelines/standards and makes them accessible to other programmers
- Remove barriers and identify processes/phases that are inefficient
- Identify process improvements and implement corrections
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or related field) and a minimum of 10 years of experience in software development.
- Knowledge of the languages, platforms, tools and frameworks for iPhone,iPad and/or Android.
- Excellent communications skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading a large team of senior and junior software engineers is required.
- Experience with the one or more following frameworks/tools Cocoa Touch; Xcode; Subversion; Eclipse + ADT (Android Developer Toolkit) ; TraceView, HierarchyViewer; Android UI controls (XML-based).
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of automated build management tools such as Ant, ClearCase, BuildForge, etc.
- Proven ability to maintain strong relationships with Business partners, as well as software vendors and work through challenging technical issues with them.
- A strong understanding of Fidelity brokerage banking systems and interrelationships is a significant advantage.
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer