Apply on Company Website
Description TheSr. Managerof Fund Reportingis a professional who possesses advanced subject matter expertise in specific areas (e.g. GAAP accounting and disclosure, financial products, technology, project management, research, training, etc.). In their role, theSr. Manager leverages their expertise to recommend and implements significant enhancements to support the department's overall mission of ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of regulatory reporting documents in support of Fidelity's multiple product lines. The Sr. Manager plays a lead role on complex projects and/or systems initiatives. The Sr. Manager is expected to provide complex analysis and advice to senior management within the department and in other business units. TheSr. Manager is recognized for exceptional technical capabilities and potential. Primary Responsibilities
- Adaptable to working at a high-level review role on Fidelity's different product lines (e.g. 1940 Act, Canadian, CITs, non-registered) with different reporting requirements.
- Perform a high-level analytical review of annual and semi-annual shareholder reports and quarterly listings. Review for consistency of information and appropriateness of disclosure in accordance with SEC, CFTC, OSC, U.S. and Canadian GAAP and Fidelity policies.
- Responsibilities may include management of new product intake process, setting new disclosure policies, researching and commenting on the implementation of new regulations, more significant projects/initiatives, partnering with senior technical resources within FPCMS to manage applications.
- May perform qualitative reviews of the more complex quarterly portfolio listings to ensure accuracy of reporting and presentation in accordance with regulatory guidance and Fidelity standards. Generate the materials for the Funds' certifying officers, to facilitate the CEO/CFO certification process
- May perform a high-level review of Form N-SAR, N-1A and proxies ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of financial reporting data in accordance with regulatory and internal policies.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the inter-relationship of the annual reports and the regulatory report requirements.
- Function as a technical advisor for Fund Reporting by interacting and working with multiple levels of internal and external management on financial disclosure related matters.
- Works within centralized teams in support of the financial statement production process. Scope of work is broadly defined within a specific function or process and typically involves more complex processes or issues. Effectively integrates this work into the overall production process in an efficient manner.
- Monitor and support adherence to the department's control environment through SAS70 and assessing the impact disclosure, process and business changes will have on the internal control environment and identify ways to mitigate that risk
- Participate in the development and successful completion of departmental goals and provide feedback to the management team on performance of staff in relation to goals.
- Lead multiple complex projects and systems initiatives by providing project management and/or subject matter expertise on technical issues.
- Effectively utilize organizational navigator skills to identify issues, understand business partner processes to identify correct resources to collaborate with to gather data, ability to conclude on data collection and effectively document and communicate findings/recommendations.
Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- B/S or B/A (Accounting or Finance or business equivalent field preferred).
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the mutual fund/fund admin/financial reportingindustry required or 5 years public accounting experience required
- Project and peoplemanagement experiencerequired.
About Fidelity Investments
- In-depth technical knowledge of investments, accounting and broad business knowledge of mutual fund industry and regulations
- Self starter with strong analytical, attention to detail, communication, organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and resources
- Ability to effectively collaborate and build relationships with others (departments and levels)
- Ability to manage processes and motivate others to attain common goals
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ .