Apply on Company Website
Description Strategic Investment Products Data (SIPD) has an opportunity in the CWE organization (Customer Warehouse Environment) for a Project Manager in our Smithfield, RI office. This position will have responsibility for the successful planning and execution of mid-size discretionary data-related projects and initiatives. The individual will ensure that projects under their responsibility are delivered on time, on budget, and with a high level of quality. The Project Manager will also be responsible for actively managing relationships with both their technical and business partners.
- Manage multiple complex technology projects simultaneously utilizing standard detailed project management methodology. Establish full project lifecycle plans.
- Develop project schedules, maintain accurate status of projects throughout execution, and monitor activities of team members. Coordinate and facilitate the execution of work across multiple sites and/or work groups.
- Coordinate development and QA activities across a shared onshore / offshore resource team.
- Develop strong working relationships with business and technology partners.
- Determine project resource requirements and create supporting staffing plans.
- Obtain commitment among team members on role definitions and project deliverables to meet stated milestones and overall objectives.
- Actively manage project financials for assigned projects.
- Serves as initial escalation point in problem resolution process
Qualifications Education and Experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven track record of successful technical project management.
- 5+ years experience managing cross-functional and multi-site teams.
- Knowledge of Fidelity Investments technology platforms and FSDM and/or FAMdevelopment methodology preferred but not required.
- PMP preferred but not required
- Bachelors degree preferred.
About Fidelity Investments
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills as role will communicate with varying levels of team members across business and technology stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration, communication, problem-solving, and business relationship skills.
- Experience in managing mid-sized project teams.
- Ability to:
- Think analytically and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Understand technical designs and specifications.
- Interact professionally with project team members, business partners, managers, and executives.
- Work and effectively on a global team which is distributed across geographic locations.
Fidelity Investments is one of the worlds largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com . Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.