Apply on Company Website
We are seeking a senior investment writer to produce investment-oriented, thought leadership content that supports the marketing and communications efforts for Fidelitys Pyramis Global Advisor (PGA) business. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise developing written content on institutional investment topics for sophisticated professional investors and advisors.
- Working to execute on the objectives of Fidelity Asset Management's Thought Leadership Series, this individual will work as an integral member of an editorial team to:
- Create and edit investment perspectives (articles, white papers) on a variety of investment topics, including equities, fixed income, and economic themes and trends.
- Subject matter to involve: a) original or proprietary research insights; b) macroeconomic and financial market commentary; c) position statements on industry or regulatory issues; and d) investment insights on asset classes, investment themes and strategies.
- Investment themes may include complex quantitative and technical ideas, with the challenge of presenting them concisely in a readily understandable manner.
- Writer will interact with investment personnel, including product managers, portfolio managers, analysts, economists, and other members of the investment staff to develop content.
- The type of written content produced may include some extensive white papers, but the primary emphasis will be on shorter pieces.
- Materials must convey an appropriately sophisticated tone for professional investors, as well as be supportive of business and marketing objectives.
Lead and manage content creation
- Within a small team framework, this individual will be expected to manage content from the brainstorming stage through to final approval by Fidelity's compliance department.
- This process may include: participation in brainstorming sessions, developing content ideas along with subject matter experts, interviewing experts, generating outlines, providing graphical recommendations, drafting articles, collecting and incorporating feedback from multiple experts and stakeholders, working with design and graphics team to finalize article layouts, obtaining internal compliance approval on content, and facilitating the distribution of articles to internal and external audiences.
- Edit content produced by others on the FAM editorial team or investment staff.
- Synthesize conclusions that may draw upon a wide breadth of research, data and perspectives; may include facilitating original research
- Frame topics and conclusions in a manner that resonates with the needs and interests of institutional clients and prospects
- Create content that establishes a robust research framework but with accessible conclusions
- Identify and generate new ideas to ensure continuous discussion of relevant key investment themes and perspectives
- Partner with marketing team and other distribution partners to understand priorities and client needs and increase the impact of the TL content in the marketplace
- Should play a supportive role in the content origination process, with most final articles and content the result of a collaborative process.
- Must also be organized, work well independently and be proactive to identify opportunities.
- This position will be based in Smithfield, RI with travel to Boston as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is required; CFA or demonstrated progress preferred.
- Five-to-seven years of financial writing experience is required, with an emphasis on asset classes and investment strategies, or other related financial market and economic topics.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have superior writing and editing skills, coupled with the demonstrated ability to present information concisely and clearly at an appropriate level of sophistication.
- Firm grasp of the financial markets and/or the world of investments are required. Demonstrated ability to convey this knowledge through prior writing is mandatory.
- An understanding of the financial services with a focus on the institutional marketplace is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong interview skills, with an ability to extract relevant information about technical and complex investment topics and turn it into accessible written content.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently.
- Must also be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and juggle various tasks while at the same time maintaining a high level of attention to detail and sustaining overall quality.
- Must have an interest in improving personal knowledge of investment and financial topics.
Fidelity Investments is one of the worlds largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/ .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.